Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Engine Is In...
Went to start her up last night and nothing. :(

No spark, and I doubt Im getting fuel as I pulled the plug and couldnt really smell fuel on it. There is fuel in the lines, because when I pulled the line, gas came out...obviously SOME fuel pressue going in the rail....

I was up till 2am trying to figure out the bitch, no luck. Im thinking its something to do with my Crank sensor. Ford Tech was telling me that if thats messed up, not grounded, etc, it will cut fuel and spark to your engine. He also wants me to retry with the aftermarket alarm off....not to sure why.

Any clues? Going nuts here, I need some torque in my life. I'm misreable. :(

Also, if anybody could tell me where the ground for the battery is, that would be really great. The friend that helped me cant remeber where he took it off. This is the ground from the - battery side, to somewhere in the back around teh tranny or somehting...shouldnt be to hard to checked, just follow the line from the bat.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
He asked with the alarm off because some aftermarket alarms now come with Fuel Cut off features.
2000 ZX3
If the engine ain't grounded that might be a problem. Is it turning over? Are you doing this yourself or at the shop?
Doing it myself.

The engine is turning but doesnt sound right, not sure if it has to do with the no spark/fuel thing though.

What are you doing this week-end? I think its time for a road trip. :P
you forgot to install spark plugs didn't you....

what motor are you installing? why did you remove it? ...and why don't you have torque?
Focused,Jul 12 2006, 11:05 AM Wrote:you forgot to install spark plugs didn't you....

what motor are you installing?  why did you remove it? ...and why don't you have torque?
[right][snapback]197221[/snapback][/right]

My tuner fubard my old engine.

04 Zetec engine with 24K is the new beast

I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.
Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.
[right][snapback]197226[/snapback][/right]

pfft.. just keep hitting da vt3c y0

i'm sure you've already checked all of this obvious sh!t but maybe check for fuses, loose connectors?

also are you reusing your old pcm and key?
naz,Jul 12 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.
[right][snapback]197226[/snapback][/right]

pfft.. just keep hitting da vt3c y0

i'm sure you've already checked all of this obvious sh!t but maybe check for fuses, loose connectors?

also are you reusing your old pcm and key?
[right][snapback]197231[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Im gonna check connections and fusus tonight....AGAIN. <_<

Yup, running the old ECU with the new tune. Even when the old engine was fubard in still started and rolled with its own power. We took out a 04 engine, took off the intake manifold (injectors & all) off the old engine and put it on the new engine, same with my exhaust manifold (duh).
so it's still turbo?
yes
Yeah, start at the fuses and underhood relays and work your way towards the block from there. Also, if it doesn't sound "good" cranking without catching... you might want to look into that.

I'm at work or I'd go check for you... but I have a SPI. Might not be the same.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
u comming to next meet?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
The new engine was from an auto, the Crankshaft pos sensor is a little deeper than the manual so I have to tear it down AGAIN and replace the sensor mounts. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Should have never sold my Justy. Murphys law really pisses me off.
Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:The new engine was from an auto, the Crankshaft pos sensor is a little deeper than the manual so I have to tear it down AGAIN and replace the sensor mounts.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Should have never sold my Justy.  Murphys law really pisses me off.
[right][snapback]197262[/snapback][/right]

fack! where does the sensor mount flo?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
The MOUNT is inside the block supposbly. :angry:
thats friggin terrible....

lol, you may as well order up some new pistons and titanum valvetrain bits :)
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
i'm sure you can get at it easy enough...maybe don't even need to pull the motor again.
hardk0re,Jul 12 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:i'm sure you can get at it easy enough...maybe don't even need to pull the motor again.
[right][snapback]197287[/snapback][/right]

looked at it tonight....

1 bolt outside the block, 1 inside between the tranny and block. <_<

Yay, round 2. :rolleyes:
yea....there is a ford tsb on that. even when you buy a FQR motor from ford, you have to make sure you check the crank sensor.

that really sucks....hope it all works out for ya.

SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
Build a honda instead... ;)
Im looking for another shell soon...
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.