Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why You Don't Fly Through Hail Storms
OAC_Sparky,Mar 16 2006, 12:57 AM Wrote:
Aka,Mar 15 2006, 11:29 PM Wrote:lolz @ using wipers at 500 mph
[right][snapback]175132[/snapback][/right]
It's funny, but in all honesty...I've heard a lot of people say some silly things, not because they're stupid, but usually they are misinformed. That's the only reason I offered the info.

Other stuff:
- Most people associate a plane "stalling" with the engine dying. (no)
- People think big planes nowadays can pretty much land themselves. (no)
- Many people think that most planes drop like a rock if the engine dies. (no)
[right][snapback]175135[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, I usually try and answer thing seriously as well. But that made me lol. I wasn't calling anyone stupid, or atleast I didn't mean to.

I think most people associate stall to engine dying is because when your car stalls it's engine 'dies'. Planes stall because of an excessive angle of attack. The air passing over the wing is broken up.

Anyway, off to get an oil change for my plane/Subaru.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
I want to learn how to fly... I'm sure I'd do better than in Ace Combat 4 for the PS2 as the textures closer to the ground would be sharper.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Here's a tip... DON'T FLY LIKE THIS!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=189708
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
darkpuppet,Mar 16 2006, 10:05 AM Wrote:I want to learn how to fly...  I'm sure I'd do better than in Ace Combat 4 for the PS2 as the textures closer to the ground would be sharper.
[right][snapback]175162[/snapback][/right]
It can be fun.
Got a neighbour doing illegal activities that contaminates your ground water? We can buzz them ... reasonable rates ... ;)

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/5819/ON/CA/

[Image: 2005_0603_154238AASmall.jpg]
[Image: 2005_0603_154334AASmall.jpg]
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
actually, there's a company out of Niagara that will, for a few hundred bucks take you up in a stunt plane..and you get to fly and or participate in a simulated dog fight with your buddies.

It includes a whole load of instruction, an hour or so of flight, with you given controls for a portion of that..

I so want to do that.

let's see if I can toss this in a flatspin the instructor can't get out of!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 16 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:actually, there's a company out of Niagara that will, for a few hundred bucks take you up in a stunt plane..and you get to fly and or participate in a simulated dog fight with your buddies.

It includes a whole load of instruction, an hour or so of flight, with you given controls for a portion of that..

I so want to do that.

let's see if I can toss this in a flatspin the instructor can't get out of!
[right][snapback]175182[/snapback][/right]

Now THAT would be something for the Niagara Cruise!

Focus Canada dogfight anyone? :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 16 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:Focus Canada dogfight anyone? :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]175282[/snapback][/right]

Shotgun no fatties in my plane :ph34r: !!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
OAC_Sparky,Mar 15 2006, 10:57 PM Wrote:
Aka,Mar 15 2006, 11:29 PM Wrote:lolz @ using wipers at 500 mph
[right][snapback]175132[/snapback][/right]
It's funny, but in all honesty...I've heard a lot of people say some silly things, not because they're stupid, but usually they are misinformed. That's the only reason I offered the info.

Other stuff:
- Most people associate a plane "stalling" with the engine dying. (no)
- People think big planes nowadays can pretty much land themselves. (no)
- Many people think that most planes drop like a rock if the engine dies. (no)
[right][snapback]175135[/snapback][/right]

OH i'm familiar with term Stalling, and the such, however the jets i work on, dont' have any wipers visible...uses engine bleed air for ice, snow, fogging up..yadda yadda.....
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Mommy Mommy I want the window seat
Slimsride,Mar 16 2006, 07:31 PM Wrote:i'm familiar with term Stalling, and the such, however the jets i work on, dont' have any wipers visible...uses engine bleed air for ice, snow, fogging up..yadda yadda.....
[right][snapback]175286[/snapback][/right]
:unsure:

I wasn't referring to you with the "silly things" remark, hope you didn't take it that way. It was meant as a generalization.

:beerchug:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Mar 17 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Mar 16 2006, 07:31 PM Wrote:i'm familiar with term Stalling, and the such, however the jets i work on, dont' have any wipers visible...uses engine bleed air for ice, snow, fogging up..yadda yadda.....
[right][snapback]175286[/snapback][/right]
:unsure:

I wasn't referring to you with the "silly things" remark, hope you didn't take it that way. It was meant as a generalization.

:beerchug:
[right][snapback]175482[/snapback][/right]

Oh i know..its all good...no worries..besides i'm good at posting "silly things" once and awhile..no harm, no foul...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail At 30,000 Ft darkpuppet 15 5,535 12-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me