Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Opinions.. Plz
i currently have the steel grey 16" rota slipstreams.... and since i have it i've always thought that if i should get black instead of grey...

and now, i've done a crappy photoshop to see the difference between grey and black slipstreams on my car! (the photoshop is kinda bad but you get the idea, if someone can help me do a better one i'd be very appreciate)

steel grey (origional)
[Image: waxed12.jpg]

black (photoshopped)
[Image: blackslips.jpg]

which one do you guys think is better? or both are the same? or is just not worth me to paint them black?

thanks a lot!!
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I think a proper paintjob in black would be sweet, given the style of the car already :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Keep her gray. If you want it painted, maybe get a silver finish.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I think your splitting hairs. They are so similar in color that it's really not worth the $. At nite, no one will be able to tell the diff.
Bling it out with spinnars!!!!

Chrome all the way!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Grey.......
j3rt,Dec 14 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:I think your splitting hairs.  They are so similar in color that it's really not worth the $.  At nite, no one will be able to tell the diff.
[right][snapback]160828[/snapback][/right]

^^^Agreed^^^
blak.
black.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Black fo sho.
Black, mainly b/c the colour of the car makes it work.

NefCanuck
noir
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yellow! To match the car!

Sorry, someone had to be different!

White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
black, I'm thinking of getting black rims only for my car, mainly because it goes perfect with the yellow, the more black on the yellow the better the car looks.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
keep it the way it is..it looks fine, and changing from grey to black isn't worth the $$
id go for the black
Life's good... Hockey's better
Black!!! Black rims look good on your car man!!
JMS US spec front lip, Rieger R-RX side skirts, Rieger R-RX rear apron, European rear bumper, European tail lights, RPMlabs grill, Painted side mirrors cover, H4 HID kit, Lamin-X yellow fogs, shorty antenna, Loder1899 replica rear spoiler, weathertech window delfector, Injen short ram air box, FC UDP pulley, FC 65mm TB, Focussport race header, Focussport flex, magnaflow hi-flow cat, MBRP catback, SCT Xcal2, ford racing spark plug wire, Tein S-tech, FK Damper kit, Eibach rear camber kit, Focussport strut bar, Painted valve cover, TeamDynamic pro race 1.2 17", Kumho SPT 205/45/17, Hawk HP, brembo blank rotors, Russell SS brakelines, Motul dot 5.1, Recaro replica seats on Recaro seat base, KKM shift surround, In-dash 7" DVD player, Tein Damper-chi doll!!
yeah, go for the african american rims

possible polished lip look too?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I'd say black for sure.

Yellow lip on the outside of the rim could be cool too.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Dec 21 2005, 03:22 AM Wrote:I'd say black for sure.

Yellow lip on the outside of the rim could be cool too.
[right][snapback]161877[/snapback][/right]

nice idea if executed properly that would look stellar
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending