Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Cars: How Safe Are They?
K_OS,Nov 25 2005, 08:45 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 24 2005, 04:03 PM Wrote:Ok, I'll tell.  I haven't said anything because this isn't my proudest moment of driving, but I think I can beat the rap of hammering a smart car while driving.  I was coming up Appelby in Burlington and I was cut off but one of these little bastard cars and I couldn't stop in time.  My damage........none............the smart car...........right off with personal injuries to passenger.  I was charged with following too close but the cop and one witness at the scene (thank god) both stated that the smart car was at fault and things will get sorted out in court.  The other driver was charged with careless and making an illegal lane change.

So, IMO, after crushing one doing 45km/h, don't get one.  I'll kill you by running over you.  Not the side of front impact testing they do, but by literally running over the top of this little POS.  See you in court.

Don't tell the wife, she doesn't know.
[right][snapback]157586[/snapback][/right]

As somebody who drives a car that's roughly the same size as a smart the 1st thing you learn is that getting in the way of a bigger car is a big NO NO so whatever that dumbass gets he deserves.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]157726[/snapback][/right]

LOL K OS, :lol:

I learned a long time ago that driving a small car means you avoid all larger cars, more so if they are made by GM, and driven by old ladys. :blink:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 25 2005, 07:57 PM Wrote:[As somebody who drives a car that's roughly the same size as a smart the 1st thing you learn is that getting in the way of a bigger car is a big NO NO so whatever that dumbass gets he deserves.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]157726[/snapback][/right]

LOL K OS, :lol:

I learned a long time ago that driving a small car means you avoid all larger cars, more so if they are made by GM, and driven by old ladys. :blink:
[right][snapback]157728[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've learned from driving a motorcycle to avoid EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Motorcycle operation gives you super sensitivity from everything from:shade to leaves to type of snow and there are many kinds.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  07 Focus Least Safe Cars 2.0duratecpower 5 1,991 11-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Last Post: residentdud