Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Needs Highspeed Internet?
375 kbps WAH!!!! need more speeeeeeed!
Dan
paolo,Oct 13 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:you have 2 rogers guys on here, why dont u ask us to help you out, or atleast we could have explained to you that receiving text messages from some numbers such as bellus numbers is delayed up to 24 hours.  We have direct #'s to the Network Service Group, Rogers Cable tech line and etc..
[right][snapback]148927[/snapback][/right]

that doesn't help me get text messages faster :P .. I know why some messages come late, but it annoys me. I'm allowed to be annoyed.

But I also live in an appartment building, so that pretty much explains why rogers cable sucks for me, and why I would never trust them to be my high speed provider. At least with ADSL I'm guaranteed my 5mb... Cable is supposed to allocate something like 5mb for my digital terminal, but Rogers admits that I'm on a 'slow connection' .. and yet they keep trying to sell me extreme high speed (10mb).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I average 650KB/sec at home from most massive sites. I tend to average Cogeco's High Speed Test link with what I can pull off mcafee.com's SuperDAT links. That's a Cogeco 5Mbit down / 640kbit up Internet package.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
darkpuppet,Oct 14 2005, 10:01 AM Wrote:But I also live in an appartment building, so that pretty much explains why rogers cable sucks for me, and why I would never trust them to be my high speed provider.  At least with ADSL I'm guaranteed my 5mb... Cable is supposed to allocate something like 5mb for my digital terminal, but Rogers admits that I'm on a 'slow connection' .. and yet they keep trying to sell me extreme high speed (10mb).
[right][snapback]148990[/snapback][/right]

you live in an appartment complex, there are several nodes in the cable room in your appartment, your lines can easily be switched to a different block that is less occupied and you can gain improved tv reception and internet speed. call them up and ask them to fix your poor tv signal, they have to guarentee it, and onc ethey fix it, your internet will jump up in speeds
My other ride is your Mom
i got 5 megabits per second

download a MB in 1.7 seconds
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L