Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rims For My F150
Ok, I know few of you care, but after much research I may have decided to get these.

http://www.truckextras.com/products/evo_renegade_xt.asp

Why the change? Yes they are more expensive but they can also put up with our harsh winters. The Ion rim has a 1 year guarantee and it is a three piece rim. The rim above, Weld, is a one piece high quality aluminum rim with a 5 year guarantee. I don't want the hastle of storing rims. These baby's are going to run all year long.

It's a big enough PIA storing a Focus for the winter.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 30 2005, 06:39 PM Wrote:Ok, I know few of you care, but after much research I may have decided to get these.

Why the change?  Yes they are more expensive but they can also put up with our harsh winters.  The Ion rim has a 1 year guarantee and it is a three piece rim.  The rim above, Weld, is a one piece high quality aluminum rim with a 5 year guarantee.  I don't want the hastle of storing rims.  These baby's are going to run all year long.

[right][snapback]158640[/snapback][/right]

22"s
microbunny,Nov 30 2005, 06:44 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 30 2005, 06:39 PM Wrote:Ok, I know few of you care, but after much research I may have decided to get these.

Why the change?  Yes they are more expensive but they can also put up with our harsh winters.  The Ion rim has a 1 year guarantee and it is a three piece rim.  The rim above, Weld, is a one piece high quality aluminum rim with a 5 year guarantee.  I don't want the hastle of storing rims.  These baby's are going to run all year long.

[right][snapback]158640[/snapback][/right]

22"s
[right][snapback]158643[/snapback][/right]

I have a line on buying a six month old set of these with tires for $1600 US shipped

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deal...ehicle&data=13#

And yes the 22's

But I don't want those tires but I may put up with them for a year or so and run the snot out of them or try and sell them and buy the tires I want. But it really isn't the look I want.

meford4u,Nov 30 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:Ok, I know few of you care, but after much research I may have decided to get these.

http://www.truckextras.com/products/evo_renegade_xt.asp[right][snapback]158640[/snapback][/right]
Those are really gorgeous - will look awesome on F-150.

BTW - 2 things ... couldn't find the "mefordfawku truck fund" - so I guess you got all the donations you needed ...

and, sorry about this (this chit just jumps off the screen and pokes my eyeballs) but I have to paste here a part of the description of your wheels off the website ... of all the words to misspell.

"High strength 6061 aluminum alloy. Perfectly true and percision balanced. All surfaces are 100% machined. Our wheels are garanteed to be true within .012", (industry best) and balanced within one ounce..."
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
22's rule
Nice choice in rims meford4u, wonder how "light" those rims actually are?

Probably still weigh more than twice what one of my rims weighs :P :rofl:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 30 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:Nice choice in rims meford4u, wonder how "light" those rims actually are?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]158656[/snapback][/right]

Rims would be a bit heavier, but the tire weight would sink you.

meford4u,Nov 30 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 30 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:Nice choice in rims meford4u, wonder how "light" those rims actually are?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]158656[/snapback][/right]

Rims would be a bit heavier, but the tire weight would sink you.
[right][snapback]158657[/snapback][/right]

Hah, I'm betting I couldn't even bench press one of your tires... and I work out four times a week... sad ain't it? :D

NefCanuck
what rubber are you gettin..

just faq off and tell me without the attitude...i dont wanna read 3 pages of shiat!

fuker!
The rubber on the used tires is the nitto 440's. I'll try and post a pic he sent me.

The rubber I want is more aggresive tread like a BFG mudder.

ok go here and see what the used rims look like

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/meford4...nt=DSC01084.jpg

and yes they are 22's

Get the BFG all-terrain T/A ... there an amazing tire, specially if you want the mudder look.

I have them on my '05 Tundra truck at work and there just amazing in all weather conditions
Below Average Car Club
schade,Nov 30 2005, 09:15 PM Wrote:Get the BFG all-terrain T/A  ... there an amazing tire, specially if you want the mudder look.

I have them on my '05 Tundra truck at work and there just amazing in all weather conditions
[right][snapback]158701[/snapback][/right]

I have them on my truck now.