Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Focus Commercial
Fianlly saw the new one......................very good, reminded me of an Impreza commercial. Sort of thing they should have done years ago. Probably too late now to save the reputaion of the Focus beyond people like ourselves.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
darkpuppet,Sep 27 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:2 things.. chicks thought my commercial was cute.
chicks love the Way Gay Gunmetal Grey™ wheels.

like I care what guys think..I'm HAWT!!!

aren't you the quiet guy at meets?
[right][snapback]145169[/snapback][/right]

I bet some girl has this locket around her neck right now:

[Image: locket.jpg]

Was it one of these girls?:

[Image: IMG_0918.jpg]

Sorry these were the girls from the old admin's collection. :lol: :lol:

Quiet? Wait til you hear my car now. I installed that SVT header kit that I had in my trunk at the Barrie meet. Now I can't even hear my supercharger. :o I better do something about it. Maybe get another resonator for my exhaust. It's kinda funny. I spent all this time and money to make the car go faster only to be forced to drive at 25% throttle and shift before 3K to keep the noise down. :blink:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
bah, like you could really insult me...

I have Pat's old exhaust sitting in my locker still..waiting for a cat and a recoating before install. He added a MONSTER resonator to it for whisper quiet operation.

p.s. my supercharger is louder than yours. :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

that commercial is awesome!!
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That Focus commercial is okay. Bettter than that Cobalt one where they are in a parking lot all night trying to be chillin. :lol:
darkpuppet,Sep 22 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:Holy smokes!!!

I was watching Everybody Hates Chris on TV tonight, and before the show started, there was a focus commercial... not a cheesy 'testimonial' commercial, but a "show clips of the focus drifting around corners in WRC, Sony XPlode focus, more racing, drifting, racing, etc etc..." ... I'd actually want to buy a focus seeing this commercial!

saweet!
[right][snapback]144110[/snapback][/right]
Hell yeah I saw that commercial a few days ago, I had a nice big grin on my face all through it! My gf was looking at me as if she couldn't wait for the commercial to end :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Here's a copy of the commercial...

clicky here

Thanks to Darkpuppet for providing a copy of the commercial...

It was visually interesting and the music was certainly catchy, but that commercial was as vapid as Paris Hilton <_<

I mean sure, push the rally heritage and the fact that the car is ripe to be stylin' but give the viewer some sort of factual meat here, otherwise you've wasted who know how much money on an ad that a month from now people might remember the music from :ph34r:

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting crotchety :P

NefCanuck
^--- getting??

Other than the fact that the strategy was all wrong...it will definately get the younger market to watch.

A: Hip Hop bass influenced music check!
B: Shot of pounding subs..Check!
C: Shot of tricked out car with all the kits and upgrades possible? Check!
D: Zero Voice over for all the kids out there that hate to be "sold" on something??? Check!
E: Shots of WRC rally car on the way to the cottage? Check!
F: shot of the car the way YOU would get in in all it's dissapointing glory... Hmmmm. Not really there.

Selling pipe dreams here kids.

Although it has all "Bling you 15 year old nephew lives for.... It's light on content.

Maybe that was the strategy.
And it just might work.

Anthony Duguay
-Art Director.

:lol:
darkpuppet,Sep 29 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:^--- getting??
[right][snapback]145471[/snapback][/right]

Ye-owtch... Guess I walked right into that one didn't I? :D

NefCanuck
Finally saw that commercial the other night, and yes, it's awesome, without any soft spoken dude or raspy chick telling me how cool the cars are...very well done...shoulda happened a long time ago, as in as soon as the 1st Civic Nation commercial came out...

Thanks for the clip steve!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Re-encoded and re-hosted for half the size :)

Focus Commerical - 2005
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2005, 11:50 PM Wrote:I mean sure, push the rally heritage and the fact that the car is ripe to be stylin' but give the viewer some sort of factual meat here, otherwise you've wasted who know how much money on an ad that a month from now people might remember the music from  :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]145416[/snapback][/right]

Actually Mitsu had some commercials a while back for some of their cars, they selected a couple of specific tunes, and gained quite a bit of exposer from it, these relitively obscure bands got air time (I even hear the music on the radio after it started being used on the commercials) people couldn't remember what car it was for, but they remembered the music and they knew it was Mitsubishi. Music can be a good hook if applied correctly.
I like the commercial... only because it is the closest thing we have t something decent.

The problem is... it's kinda short to start with. I like the music. But the clips are too short, and too close in. You can't see anything about the car. You have no idea what they are selling.

This type of thing would work if:

-They sold the Focus RS here
-Show clips of the TARMAC spec WRC Focus blasting around the curves.

There is a worthwhile tie-in. People can connect that.

I can't connect the boring 130hp hatch, no sport model at all, with the Saleen Focus, nor the be-winged wonder wonder blasting down a dirt road that I never drive on.

The thought is there, but it's just not executed right. You can tell it was created by a commitee who have no understanding of the product and very little of the market. It doesn't help that Ford didn't give them anything to work with (an actually hot car).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus St Commercial castone 33 6,775 04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Last Post: oldeguy