Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Can I Find This Deck?
I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Panasonic, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
2003svt,Apr 21 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Pioneer, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
[right][snapback]103380[/snapback][/right]

If you can get me the make, I could maybe check for you. I got a connection in I.C.E so, let me know If you find anything or maybe just something else.
Turbo arrived!
I apologise for my post as it says pioneer to begin with and the panasonic. It infact was a Panasonic Deck with the flip out centre channel speaker. It was silver in colour with a blue led screen, at the time I paid about 900 for the deck alone.
focusonthis_88,Apr 21 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:
2003svt,Apr 21 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Pioneer, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
[right][snapback]103380[/snapback][/right]

If you can get me the make, I could maybe check for you. I got a connection in I.C.E so, let me know If you find anything or maybe just something else.
[right][snapback]103409[/snapback][/right]
I remember the deck but i think it would be about 4 yrs ago that it was out, about the time i got my first panasonic deck. I don't think any decks these days that have the flip out speaker, i know that panasonic doesn't have one for sure. I just bought the top of the line panasonic and there wasn't a speaker available on any of the models.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I definitely know the deck you're talking about... I was so amazed by that little center tweeter. Was the coolest thing out back in the day. Be damned if I could find any info on it online tho.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I had it installed in my Mustang at the time and it saved me from having to upgrade my tweeters. Mach 460 tweeters and a 500 watt briged amp on a single 15" sub was all bass hardly any highs, hit the button and voila, man I wish I could get a hold of that deck, they were out about 4-5 years ago.
Raine,Apr 21 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:I definitely know the deck you're talking about... I was so amazed by that little center tweeter. Was the coolest thing out back in the day. Be damned if I could find any info on it online tho.
[right][snapback]103476[/snapback][/right]
Dood....I know exactly the deck you mean...they got a demo model at the local audio shop in guelph that is for sale....been there for evar!!

cool that you mention it.. B)
[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

Something like that, I have the full brouchre at home I will post the model number when i get there

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Apr 22 2005, 06:56 PM Wrote:[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

Something like that, I have the full brouchre at home I will post the model number when i get there

David
[right][snapback]103790[/snapback][/right]

Yep..thats the same one I was thinking of...
GUYS THAT's IT, THAT's It, Please do me a favour and give me the number to this place or if you guys are local call them up find out a price they'll sell it for and PM me with it. I don't want anyone to buy it out from under me. Thanks a lot. That's the exact deck I am looking for. Man I hope I get my hands on it.
microbunny,Apr 22 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:
NoiSeeVT,Apr 22 2005, 06:56 PM Wrote:[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

David
[right][snapback]103790[/snapback][/right]

Yep..thats the same one I was thinking of...
[right][snapback]103793[/snapback][/right]
I do not think they still make this unit. If you are in Toronto Call Steve at G&G electronics, they may have a demo left, http://www.ggelectronics.com
The model number is CQ-DVR909U (DVD) the CD only deck is CQ-DRX901U
Here are the Pics from my brouchre from 2001
[Image: pana.jpg]
Its a 2001 model so likely not going to have it
Tell him David sent you and the price will be great.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
And if the store doesn't have it you can always try ebay :)
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
[Thanks for the help, well I did just cal ggelectronics and unforunately they don't havem either. oh well I guess I'll keep looking, at least now I know the model number. Thanks again for your help it's just too bad he didn't have one for me.quote=NoiSeeVT,Apr 23 2005, 01:01 PM]
I do not think they still make this unit. If you are in Toronto Call Steve at G&G electronics, they may have a demo left, http://www.ggelectronics.com
The model number is CQ-DVR909U (DVD) the CD only deck is CQ-DRX901U
Here are the Pics from my brouchre from 2001
[Image: pana.jpg]
Its a 2001 model so likely not going to have it
Tell him David sent you and the price will be great.

David
[right][snapback]103887[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]