Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedan Vs. Hatchback! (before Modification)
I said in the other thread what I would buy if I had only one car (and said hatch/wagon) but this question is about looks...................

The Sedan looks better, that is why (outside of FocusCanada) they sell so many.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!

Nice avatar :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
MMMMMMMMMM <_< sedan for me but that's because its what I have plus the HB it too small I think. :huh:
Cruz'n the West Coast
Geezes kryst. How can the sedan possibly have 10 votes.

It sure is a great car though, if your retired.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jan 29 2005, 07: Wrote:Geezes kryst. How can the sedan possibly have 10 votes.

It sure is a great car though, if your retired.
[right][snapback]81889[/snapback][/right]
Like I said.............FUKTARDS
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Wheres the poll option for the WAGON! Out of all 4 body styles (3Dr/5Dr Hatch, Sedan & Wagon) the Focus Wagon has the sexiest lines!!

...and I'm partial to wagons if you couldn't tell!! :P

~ Clutch
~ DECEASED ~
The Z-ed Sled ('03 ZTW)
-Eibech Pro Kit
-17" SVT Euro's
-Tip & Tint for show
-nothing for go...yet!
Ok, here's my review of the Focus Sedan that I stole to drive for the last three weeks. Those with sedans aren't going to like this review, because if I were thinking of buying any Focus and drove this one first, it would be a hands down loser.

The car is a 2002 Focus ZTS with 22,000 km.

The handling. not bad but in winter you really do need snow tires.
Performance. I needed someone to push me forward when getting on the highway. It needs a little more umf.
Fuel economy. Who cares. When did fuel economy become fun? Are we all modding are cars for better fuel economy? I don't think so. But the car did fairly well on the gas. Especially when you compare it to the truck I drive.
Comfort. I couldn't believe the difference from the hatchback to the sedan. There is a lot more head and leg room in the ZX3 vs. the sedan. I just couldn't get comfortable in the sedan. There almost the same car, but the comfort level just wasn't there for me.
Overall. It wasn't a car i would look twice at. i can now see a little more into the eyes of Anthony.

I'll stick with the old adage............SEDANS SUCK

I for one Own a Focus Sedan, and I'm on my 2nd Focus sedan. I should remind you guys that you should factor in the " Special " editions that were sold off the lot the way ford made them. If you really look back on it there is quite a few editions that were availble to the Sedans only.

Pre 2005 North American Model Years:

Sedans :

Street Edition (Wagon Included), Xenon Speical Street Edition ( like mine ), Sony Edition, Mach ZTS Edition, Centennial Package (ZTS only), SE Limited Edition. ST 170 (2005)

Hatches:

Kona (US ZX3), S2 (ZX3), SVT, and SVT European Appearance Package

Keep in mind all Focus(s) (minus the SVT ) share all the same Platforms ( minus the Wagons )Engines, drive trains, peppy-ness, and all in all good looks. Really it's more or less how you use the car and how it applys to your life and needs that ranks it better over all to you.

I for one like the ZX3's Still do, but they offer far less then what you can get in the sedan / Wagon versions, more so with the current 2005 model year.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
well that yellow pic of the sedan is really cool..but they dont come like that it costs ya bucks.......i got a zx-3 and everyone says its looks so european so what can i say B)
Actually it came like this, it's # 38 of 50 in the Xenon Special Package Street Edition's from Ford. When the last few Street Editions were sold in August 2001, ford offered the Xenon Special Package with them. It included a Xenon body kit, lowering of 1.5 inches, volant intake, and Ford Racing Exhaust.

The only two mods on the car are the Hella's and the Power Moon Roof, and I'm going to be removing the Hella's in about a week or two.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Meford:

The only reason the sedan "needs more oomph" is because Ford shafted them from the factory for the most part in terms of final drive ratios. The sedans are proven to be the lightest of all Focuses. My SPI is indeed slower than a ZTS, but that goes without saying :P If it was a Zetec manual against a ZX3 with a manual, they're supposed to be pretty much equal for performance.

I won't discount your feelings on the interior, as the only ZX3 I've sat in was SL8RZZX3's car, and that was for about 45 seconds as I marvelled at his interior mods :)

As for handling (yeah I'm out-of-order on your points)... I blast around North Bay on the stocker 14" Goodyear Infinities without too much grief... never been in a situation where I couldn't control the car at speed yet.

Anyways, as a pleased sedan owner, there's my polite rebuttal. :)

Was the car you had a stick or an auto?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
auto.............But I think your missing the point. I would have never bought one if I had test driven the sedan first. Stop sitting in the ZX3 and go drive one. Then come back and I dare you to tell me your sedan is better. Not a chance.

You're probably right. Perhaps I'll head out to Stockfish this week and take a couple for a spin :)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The sedan does better in rear seat side impact tests. Front seat side and front and rear (head-on/rear ended) crash tests are the same.

The weight difference is (with same transmission and options) such that the sedan is 15lbs heavier.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
So far the vote is looking not too shabby.
The sedan has potential when modded
but seems to be the ugly duckling inlooks an aquired taste.
(or Mom & the children too much for the ZX3, well ZX5 it).
ZX3s don't last long on the lots.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
I like the ZX3/5, but the cost at the time was prohibitive compared to what was available for the sedan. I might have made the wrong choice performance-wise, but I made the right one dollar-wise. There was NOTHING available near me that was a ZX3/5 for even 2Gs more with the same mileage. Kinda sad, really.

If I could find a way to sell the sedan (after driving the ZX3 and finding it superior) and then pick up a newer ZX3, I would. But only for the modding potential, not for any dislike of the sedan. Actually, a Zetec-power sedan with the 5-speed would be ideal in my books.

Screw Zetec...give me a duratec powered sedan, now that sounds like a fun ride. I like the ZX3's hatch for stereo installation. Its nice to have your subwoofers sitting in the car with you however I prefer the styling lines of the sedan. I find the car looks pretty sporty, its just missing a spoiler on the back and a little lower rear bumper. Instead of making that rear bumper slant upwards so much they should have had it comes straight out and wrap around. Guess I need me a lip kit to fix that problem.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
North America hasn't been so keen on the hatch.
For sometime N.American auto makers stopped offering
the hatchback.While Britain & the rest of the world
continued production.

This poll was simple enough, the demand and
look of the 2dr coupe is still very strong.
However the demand for a real sporty 4dr is only
just trying to reemirge in car design right now.

I see the coming of the "2+ two 1/2dr coupe"
as the "Mazda RX8" and "Saturn Icon" opening up a new
choice in style for more broader appeal.

You can have your cake & eat it to. ;)

PS. thraxXx The poll was based on the look -"Duratec vs. the Mazda 3" see Focus Fanatic magazine.(last Quarter issue) That is if you want to compare orange to orange.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hatchback Or Sedan? bcfocus 38 11,045 02-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Medicman