Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Now Focused!
Good one Jay you bastard :P
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Jays2000ZX3,Dec 17 2004, 02:55 PM Wrote:That's an expected response from people who are sheltered from the real world.  :blink: 

I should know, I thought like that too back in the day when I lived in Timmins.

It's all about what people like, I love the japanese small hatch backs.

The spi will be a good grocery getter for you.

I still don't understand how you think the Sedan Focus is nice though.  :unsure:  But Marction likes it too for some reason.  :unsure: 

:P
[right][snapback]75094[/snapback][/right]

Well, I grew up in Toronto, and lived there till I was 21. It's funny how everyone ASSUMES I was born-and-raised in North Bay. Actually, I was born at Northwestern General - which is now part of the Humber River Regional Hiccup... I mean Hospital. I grew up in places like Mount Dennis, the village of Weston, and that pretty much encompasses the whole City of York, now known as good old Toronto. We raced behind Yorkdale Mall weekly for years, long before Paul Walker inspired millions to invest in AEM equipment :)

I drove both imports and domestics all my life (personal fave - the one time I drove my Dad's 1980 Alfa Romeo GTV 4 cyl - inboard brakes!), but you know what made me stay domestic? The imports aren't worth a s**t in the winter up here. They just aren't engineered for a Canadian winter. I drive our company car, a 2002 Subaru Impreza TS wagon, and it has trouble starting more often that not. Once running, it's half-decent, but still. And why did I move up here? Because the city is NUTS. A drive for 45 minutes to work, plus work, and 45 minutes back again is crazy. Here, we have all the goodies everyone else in Toronto spends 3 hours + driving to get to on the weekend, and we have a 360 degree panoramic view of the north in our driveway.

Come up and see for yourself :)

But we're way OT here, and I apologize. It had to be said, however.

EDIT - whoops, quoted wrong post. You get the idea, and it's meant for the same person.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.