Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My V6 Focus
Good God that is large(r than I thought it was). Good Luck! Makes for a great power:weight ratio I think?

I'm not a "Ford guy" I just like conjecture.

BTW: you mean V-8 not v6 right? (Whatever the unpopular Yamaha engine was, I thought it was a V8)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
This particular SHO was the older Yamaha V6......I think they were rated at 220hp(it was the same engine until the change the body style and switched to the V8 in 97)........actually since the pics, we have it settled in a little better and the hood closes and header panel and such fit perfect.....

[Image: focusbanner.jpg]
Welcome to the site Jeremy. The V6 looks hot!!

I cant wait to see that SHO project complete. The one shop here was tell me how a SHO swap.
v6focus,Nov 10 2004, 05:03 AM Wrote:This particular SHO was the older Yamaha V6......I think they were rated at 220hp........actually sits the pics, we have it settled in a little better and the hood closes and header panel and such fit perfect.....
You are right of course (I went back to the pics and counted pipes :lol: )

Be sure to keep us informed. There is apparantly a problem with SHO's at he cams and/or cam shafts (they need re-inforcement) is that the 6 or 8?

Sorry, I just find it an overly logical and relatively simple (vs In line V-8) swap? Again I'm a noob but enjoy letting the mind wander (outside of box).
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I would happily volunteer my car if anyone wanted to try a V6 swap into an auto tragic
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
They got an early Taurus SHO at Standard Auto Wreckers in the UPIC lot. If you could carry a V6 out under your own steam you could get it for $40 CAD on one of there parts days.
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
Cool! These are the first V6 Foci I've seen aside from the SVT prototype. :blink:
I never saw this before, where have I been!! .. that sho project is awsome... I thought about if that would work before briefly but never really gave it a good thought.

I guess the best question is, what engine CANT you shove into a focus.

Great work on the project.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
LOL come on somebody do a B18C swap LOL or B16B what ever the hell it is. Im not a Honda pro...
Say anyone remeber the1980? Mustang with a 4 cylinder engine called the "SVO"?
(had a double spoiler on the back.)
Was that engine just a factory supercharged 4cyl.
What kind of power did it have?
Would it suit a Focus?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
v6focus,Nov 10 2004, 12:43 AM Wrote:Well, not to announce a finished product ahead of time, but since the completion of the Duratec V6 swap, we purchased a salvage SHO and started on a true one of a kind V6 swap(I know my Duratec has been done a handfull of times before, NEVER an SHO).........I have a few pics from the begining, since the pics(actually over the weekend) we are almost to the point where the beast is going to live......once we get the finished product I'll post final pics.......until then, here is a few teasers.........

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0325.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0325.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0324.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0324.jpg]</a>
[right][snapback]69288[/snapback][/right]

YOWZA!

That car is going to scream something serious.

Did you have to cut into the frame at all to make room?

I wouls imagine you would go around and make it more rigid after the mortor is mounted no?
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?
[right][snapback]84638[/snapback][/right]

Yah it was turbo! Thanks!
What kind of power could it deal out?

The SHO puts out what kind of hp. ?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Penwraith,Feb 10 2005, 04:17 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:I always thought that was a turbo 4 cyl. ala the T-Bird of the mid to late eighties. If there was a S/C version, it's extremely rare. Perhaps you're confusing it with the S/C T-Bird (or I am)?
[right][snapback]84638[/snapback][/right]

Yah it was turbo! Thanks!
What kind of power could it deal out?

The SHO puts out what kind of hp. ?
[right][snapback]84893[/snapback][/right]

Svo Mustang

turbocharged, and intercooled engine produced 200 bhp at 5000 rpm (205 bhp for 1985-1/2), and generated 240 lbs of torque at 3000 rpm. Now water-cooled, the turbo is more reliable, and provides variable boost up to 15 lbs with lag being virtually nonexistent.

The V6 SHO put out 220 hp and 200 torque.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.