Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark Plugs
Jaspher,Feb 22 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Aug 16 2004, 12:28 PM Wrote:Cantire won't have plug for you car, you will have to go to performance shop(NGK) or dealer(motorcraft P or colder) or Walmart in the state(autolite).  Stock gap should be .051, but anywhere between .051 to .054 is fine.  My suggestion is don't use colder plug w/out FI.
[right][snapback]58011[/snapback][/right]

What's FI? [right][snapback]88649[/snapback][/right]

Forced Induction.

Turbo, Supercharger, etc...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 23 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:
Jaspher,Feb 22 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Aug 16 2004, 12:28 PM Wrote:Cantire won't have plug for you car, you will have to go to performance shop(NGK) or dealer(motorcraft P or colder) or Walmart in the state(autolite).  Stock gap should be .051, but anywhere between .051 to .054 is fine.  My suggestion is don't use colder plug w/out FI.
[right][snapback]58011[/snapback][/right]

What's FI? [right][snapback]88649[/snapback][/right]

Forced Induction.

Turbo, Supercharger, etc...
[right][snapback]88702[/snapback][/right]

I see..
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
ZX3TUNR,Feb 23 2005, 03:39 AM Wrote:wonder what gap I should use with the blower
[right][snapback]88653[/snapback][/right]

I'm running .040" with the 1 step colder copper plugs. And installed, they run exactly the same as the stock plugs gapped down to .030" .. I just got a bit of cheap insurance against deto while increasing the spark size to a more 'oem'-like spec.

and folks, I cannot stress this enough.

If you pay extra for your plugs, you're wasting money. The stockers are good to 100,000km.. you don't need any more, and you're unlikely to get ANY performance improvement from more expensive plugs.

For FI, the 1 step colder plugs set me back $12 for a set. There's just so much more you can do to improve your performance otherwise.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Central florida motorsport have a variety Denso plugs for your focus, check them out.

My Webpage
Pressurizedzx3
IHI rhf5 vf34(12psi),SCT,bosch 42's,KN,no egr,denso itv22,170 thermo,3"trubendz exhaust,24x12x3fmic, 70mm svt maf,HKS bov,prothane lower mount,autometer,AEM wideband,onorthodox pulley...still missing something
I found that the best combination is the stock Motorcraft Platinum plugs, with the Ford Racing 9mm wires...my car had faster throttle response, better fuel economy, and runs really smooth with them. I tried other plugs like bosch, and used them with the stock wires...I found my current setup works really well.

Gap for me .50-.51

Oh yeah...I've also found that the 5W20 Motorcraft oil and stock oil filter work really well too...take a look at the OEM filter...it's made really well, and it has the valve inside like a fram or hastings filter...I was told by a few places that in actuallity, the Zetec seems toe be happiest with stock stuff used in it...it's one of few engines that are like that...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Mar 10 2005, 06:10 AM Wrote:I found that the best combination is the stock Motorcraft Platinum plugs, with the Ford Racing 9mm wires...my car had faster throttle response, better fuel economy, and runs really smooth with them.  I tried other plugs like bosch, and used them with the stock wires...I found my current setup works really well.

Gap for me .50-.51

Oh yeah...I've also found that the 5W20 Motorcraft oil and stock oil filter work really well too...take a look at the OEM filter...it's made really well, and it has the valve inside like a fram or hastings filter...I was told by a few places that in actuallity, the Zetec seems toe be happiest with stock stuff used in it...it's one of few engines that are like that...
[right][snapback]92622[/snapback][/right]

for NA, you've picked the best solution I believe.

The sotck zetec loves stock replacement parts. Heck, even running a higher octane kills fuel mileage in it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Is there anywhere in Toronto where I can purchase Autolite 104 copper core plags. It seems that these are the best plugs for the dura and they are used by Marcy of Marcy Motorsports.

He suggests a gap of .65 on a stock compression engine and for 11.6:1 set gap to .50. Copper core will give the best power avalable but you will need to change them very 15,000km. The plugs are dirt cheap as well.
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Audio: Pioneer DEH P4700MP, larger JBL Door speakers, JBL amp and 10" JBL sub.
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/gamers/my_...index.album?i=1
Ive never had a problem with my NGK Laser Platinums , great plug and only need replacement every ... hell lots of Km's :P
bit expensive though , about 15 bucks a plug , however , you'll probably only need to replace them 2 times for the life of the engine.

They are race plugs after all .... so they wont be 4 for 15 bucks ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick Spark Plugs! Scourge 12 4,432 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  E3 Spark Plugs GFXjamie 5 2,290 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  Spark Plugs eSVeeTy 11 3,327 02-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Mason
  Need Help With Iat / Spark Plugs. kamilk69 8 2,895 12-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Duratec: Quality Spark Plugs For Everyday Driving Peterbilt 8 2,405 08-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Mason