Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spi Header Club
I just joined the SPI header club yesterday by installing a zetec header custom fit for SPI and a flex pipe I bought from someone on FF.
I can't really describe what it sounds like, but my friend who installed it said it sounded like a Motocross, which is pretty much what it is. :headbang:
Here's a few pic, I'll try to post better qualities one later on.

[Image: dsc03476pj0.jpg]

[Image: dsc03480vq2.jpg]

[Image: dsc03482ts4.jpg]
"Tightness isn't how your car looks, it's how hard you drive it."
-Lg, track addict.
Ha, well thats a first time ive seen that on a SPI, Good for you. Do you notice a differance in power?
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
wow are u the only member of that club? good job I bet ur spi would spank all other SPI, I would love to see you race a stock Zetec and beat him that would be quite the acomplishment
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Sep 18 2008, 01:12 PM Wrote:wow are u the only member of that club? good job I bet ur spi would spank all other SPI, I would love to see you race a stock Zetec and beat him that would be quite the acomplishment
[right][snapback]272718[/snapback][/right]

:o

Now you've started it.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Did you modify the EGR pipe going into the header ??
Canadian ST,Sep 18 2008, 10:49 AM Wrote:Ha, well thats a first time ive seen that on a SPI, Good for you. Do you notice a differance in power?
[right][snapback]272708[/snapback][/right]

Yes I've noticed power increase but not incredibly since the rest of my exhaust line is stock! But it's nice for a start!

malim,Sep 18 2008, 12:39 PM Wrote:Did you modify the EGR pipe going into the header ??
[right][snapback]272724[/snapback][/right]

Nope not yet, you can see on the pics the gold cap blocking the egr on the Header, and I blocked it off the car too for now with a 1$ metal piece. I'm still not sure wether I'll delete the EGR or make a custom fit so my CEL turns off.
-Lg, track addict.
ZX3_2NV,Sep 18 2008, 12:12 PM Wrote:wow are u the only member of that club? good job I bet ur spi would spank all other SPI, I would love to see you race a stock Zetec and beat him that would be quite the acomplishment
[right][snapback]272718[/snapback][/right]

i guess i will have to race him :lol:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yeah, put a high-flow cat and a 2.25" cat-back on there and you'll be laughing. Full SPI exhaust conversions normally net 8-10 WHP on a stock motor, and more with a tune.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
do they make exhaust for the spi if not you can pick up my magnaflow and modify it to fit ur needs
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Any Zetec exhaust will fit the SPI. I'd recommend the MBRP, personally, as they're familiar with the SPI (they did my old car) and I know their 2.25" system mates up perfectly with the stock system. Your tweaks, depending on the overall length of the new stuff vs. the stock system, should be minimal at best.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 19 2008, 09:43 AM Wrote:Any Zetec exhaust will fit the SPI. I'd recommend the MBRP, personally, as they're familiar with the SPI (they did my old car) and I know their 2.25" system mates up perfectly with the stock system. Your tweaks, depending on the overall length of the new stuff vs. the stock system, should be minimal at best.
[right][snapback]272788[/snapback][/right]

true a lot of exhaust kit exist for the SPI, I just don't have the money right now as I have a few things to pay for my track days! I'm ordering carbotech brake pads, new discs, and probably a set of R compound before the season ends! :rolleyes: :D
-Lg, track addict.
Hmmm... since it is a Zetec Race header, i figure it removes the stock cat. Have any plans for that ? High flow? Emissionsss....
malim,Sep 20 2008, 01:54 AM Wrote:Hmmm... since it is a Zetec Race header, i figure it removes the stock cat. Have any plans for that ? High flow?  Emissionsss....
[right][snapback]272835[/snapback][/right]

you're right it removes the stock cat, but here in QC you pass the SAAQ test without a cat, they don't check that.
-Lg, track addict.
lgSPI,Sep 22 2008, 07:52 PM Wrote:
malim,Sep 20 2008, 01:54 AM Wrote:Hmmm... since it is a Zetec Race header, i figure it removes the stock cat. Have any plans for that ? High flow?  Emissionsss....

you're right it removes the stock cat, but here in QC you pass the SAAQ test without a cat, they don't check that.
[right][snapback]273021[/snapback][/right]

luckyyyyy.......but so bad for planet Earth :ph34r:
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Sep 22 2008, 08:11 PM Wrote:
lgSPI,Sep 22 2008, 07:52 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]273021[/snapback][/right]

luckyyyyy.......but so bad for planet Earth :ph34r:
[right][snapback]273022[/snapback][/right]

I know, but I'm pretty good with the earth aside from that, I seriously do take care of my enviroment, except the days I go on track! :rolleyes: I'm addicted!
-Lg, track addict.
Question, what kind of FLEX is that ?? A Zetec flex or an SPI ? I heard that you have to modify your stock flex with this mod.

Also how did you go abouts the sensor that's after the cat ? I think there are 3 in total in our cars.
malim,Oct 21 2008, 08:25 PM Wrote:Question, what kind of FLEX is that ?? A Zetec flex or an SPI ? I heard that you have to modify your stock flex with this mod.

Also how did you go abouts the sensor that's after the cat ? I think there are 3 in total in our cars.
[right][snapback]275001[/snapback][/right]

A Zetec flex but it's shortened a bit to fit, because on a Zetec it's a little longer.

For the o2 sensors, I have 2 and both are plugged. On the second picture (1st post) you can see on the far right one of them is plugged. And the other one you can see part of it : you see the white wire (3rd pic).
-Lg, track addict.
Hmm... did you have a cat initially ??? must have, because i know there is a 3rd O2 to check the condition of the gases coming out of the cat. This is done to see if the cat is functioning properly. I might be wrong though.....

Man, i am so interested in this, but a lot of fabrication. How long did it take you to modify the bolt pattern on your header ? Any special tools ?

Besides, this is GOING TO BE LOUD with an exhaust done. Last thing i need is a ticket for excessive noise. :)
^.^
malim,Oct 21 2008, 11:16 PM Wrote:Hmm... did you have a cat initially ??? must have, because i know there is a 3rd O2 to check the condition of the gases coming out of the cat. This is done to see if the cat is functioning properly. I might be wrong though.....

Man, i am so interested in this, but a lot of fabrication. How long did it take you to modify the bolt pattern on your header ? Any special tools ?

Besides, this is GOING TO BE LOUD with an exhaust done. Last thing i need is a ticket for excessive noise. :)
[right][snapback]275019[/snapback][/right]

Yes I had a cat initially. I dont remember having a 3rd o2 sensor though.

Yeah with the rest of the exhaust it should be pretty loud! I'm currently looking for one, because I found out that mine has a hole close to the resonator and it's making some noises! hehe!
-Lg, track addict.