Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Search Is Over
meford4u,Nov 26 2007, 02:35 PM Wrote:If you want, I could put up a post and maybe the mods will sticky it.
[right][snapback]253555[/snapback][/right]

do it
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 26 2007, 01:43 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 26 2007, 02:35 PM Wrote:If you want, I could put up a post and maybe the mods will sticky it.
[right][snapback]253555[/snapback][/right]

do it
[right][snapback]253558[/snapback][/right]
Okay. Give me a few days until I register the vehicle in Ontario and when everything is done, I can go thru it all and give everyone the steps involved and what you need for documentation.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'd like to see that. I've collected some info on doing this, but nothing from anyone first hand.
wow... a little late to this thread, but this is an awesome buy man!

screw cross border shopping for electronics, this is where it's at!

We'll definitely sticky any info on importing once it's posted..

Anyhoo.. great car man... can't wait to get a ride in this pimp mobile.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I just, and I mean just got my email confirmation from RIV here in Canada. This now allows me to get my importation done, safety and e-test.
Should be all wrapped up this week.

I said I was going to write about how to import a car into Canada, but this link shows you everything and tells alot. There are some new things that you can do to speed up the process once the vehicle is in Canada, but this is definately 98% of what you need to know.

http://www.importcartocanada.info/

And from my experience in the past, Carfax is just an okay tool. The best history for a car can be found thru Autocheck as they thoroughly trace a vehicle and have direct auction links.

From the time I bought the car (November 18th) to the time I picked the car up (November 24) and then had to wait to bring the car over the border(you can only do this Monday-Friday between 8-4) and then sending my information to RIV on Monday, getting an email confirmation on Tuesday and arranging the Drive Clean, RIV certificate and certification and then plating the car and receiving Ontario ownership on Wednesday, it was a very fast and easy process.

I'll add to this as my memory comes back to me and I remember important tidbits.
One thing is when you are hunting for a car, unless you are looking for a specific car that was not sold in Canada(like the SVT Euro Focus), I would NOT shop a car from the USA unless the original sticker price on the car was in excess of $35,000. It just isn't worth it. You have to be saving atleast $5000 to make it worthwhile. It was a deciding factor in our choice not to purchase the Euro Focus. There is no market for it here and I would be spending about $10k for a mint car that would be worth the same, if not less here. And with my plan to flip the car in the Spring of 09, I would definitely lose money on the Focus. But that's all relative as the value of our dollar will change and it may not be as attractive to purchase a US car and proceed with my plan in 09.

There is another on eBay for about the same price you paid.
ebay item # 200179087164

Do post some pics soon
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Nov 29 2007, 09:22 PM Wrote:There is another on eBay for about the same price you paid.
ebay item # 200179087164

Do post some pics soon
[right][snapback]253790[/snapback][/right]
I did notice that car, but man is that interior fugly.

And for all the pics you may want to see this time of the year, just click on the first post.

The car looks good Bryan, saw it the other day.

Just don't think of taking my spot now that you don't have to park in back, ya bastard. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Nov 30 2007, 03:33 AM Wrote:The car looks good Bryan, saw it the other day.

Just don't think of taking my spot now that you don't have to park in back, ya bastard. :lol:
[right][snapback]253795[/snapback][/right]
Thanks.

I noticed you were coming in earlier. Afraid of me stealing your spot? :lol:
Be afraid, very afraid. My wife doesn't like the walk!

meford4u,Nov 30 2007, 07:22 AM Wrote:Be afraid, very afraid.  My wife doesn't like the walk!
[right][snapback]253796[/snapback][/right]
You can have it until January anyways. I'm off until Christmas Eve. w00t! B)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Nov 30 2007, 01:11 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 30 2007, 07:22 AM Wrote:Be afraid, very afraid.  My wife doesn't like the walk!
[right][snapback]253805[/snapback][/right]

Until Christmas Eve? Isn't that, uh, "backwards"? :huh:

I mean I'm off from Christmas Eve until Jan 7 (so I can catch the World Juniors after Christmas) I think I have the better deal :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 30 2007, 02:17 PM Wrote:

I mean I'm off from Christmas Eve until Jan 7 (so I can catch the World Juniors after Christmas) I think I have the better deal :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]253806[/snapback][/right]
He can get all his Christmas shopping done without the crowds
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
NefCanuck,Nov 30 2007, 01:17 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]253806[/snapback][/right]

Not when he gets paid double and triple time to work the holidays, that should work out to about $3000 a week take home.

I think he wins hands down. Enjoy the time off Matt.

OAC Sparky you're gonna be a baaaaaller!!
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'll post this information just for NIK again as he never reads my s***e...........

I said I was going to write about how to import a car into Canada, but this link shows you everything and tells alot. There are some new things that you can do to speed up the process once the vehicle is in Canada, but this is definately 98% of what you need to know.

http://www.importcartocanada.info/

And from my experience in the past, Carfax is just an okay tool. The best history for a car can be found thru Autocheck as they thoroughly trace a vehicle and have direct auction links.

From the time I bought the car (November 18th) to the time I picked the car up (November 24) and then had to wait to bring the car over the border(you can only do this Monday-Friday between 8-4) and then sending my information to RIV on Monday, getting an email confirmation on Tuesday and arranging the Drive Clean, RIV certificate and certification and then plating the car and receiving Ontario ownership on Wednesday, it was a very fast and easy process.

I'll add to this as my memory comes back to me and I remember important tidbits.
One thing is when you are hunting for a car, unless you are looking for a specific car that was not sold in Canada(like the SVT Euro Focus), I would NOT shop a car from the USA unless the original sticker price on the car was in excess of $35,000. It just isn't worth it. You have to be saving atleast $5000 to make it worthwhile. It was a deciding factor in our choice not to purchase the Euro Focus. There is no market for it here and I would be spending about $10k for a mint car that would be worth the same, if not less here. And with my plan to flip the car in the Spring of 09, I would definitely lose money on the Focus. But that's all relative as the value of our dollar will change and it may not be as attractive to purchase a US car and proceed with my plan in 09.