Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Ford Flex
Looking at tht specs, the seating, the overall dimensions, the powertrain etc etc etc ... I'm hard pressed to see any subtantial difference between Flex and Taurus X ... and as a wagon guy, although it's a lot different, I'm not sure the style of the Flex appeals to me any more than does Taurus X.

So if it is premium priced cimpared to T-X, which is appears to be ... what exactly are you getting for the extra bucks?

NefCanuck,Aug 14 2007, 11:00 PM Wrote:Priced one out.... Hit $38K USD pretty easily :ph34r:

If Ford hopes to sell these things in decent numbers in Canada, they'd better hope the CDN dollar abd the US dollar stay relatively even and they refrain from price gouging <_<

NefCacnuck
[right][snapback]246722[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Wait til you see the Flex in person. I have been in both the Taurus X and the Flex.
The Taurus X, well I am sure you ahve been in a Freestyle, so you know the size.
The Flex.........it's about the size of a Suburban. Its friggin huge compared to the Taurus X.

And as a side note, I was speaking with one of the bosses today about when a decision was going to be made about the continuance/cancellation of our shift. The big question up in the air right now is the decision on where to place the production of the Lincoln equivalent to the Ford Flex. We had thought that Chicago was going to be building it, but apparently maybe not. It may be coming to Oakville instead and that would mean come March or later in 2008 my shift would become the Friday Saturday Sunday shift.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
A buddy of mine used to work Three day weeks and got bored very quickly, however, he isn't a golfer! Sometimes I wouldn't mind just working Friday Saturday and Sunday.
meford4u,Aug 15 2007, 07:14 AM Wrote:Wait til you see the Flex in person.  I have been in both the Taurus X and the Flex.
The Taurus X, well I am sure you ahve been in a Freestyle, so you know the size.
The Flex.........it's about the size of a Suburban.  Its friggin huge compared to the Taurus X.

And as a side note, I was speaking with one of the bosses today about when a decision was going to be made about the continuance/cancellation of our shift.  The big question up in the air right now is the decision on where to place the production of the Lincoln equivalent to the Ford Flex.  We had thought that Chicago was going to be building it, but apparently maybe not.  It may be coming to Oakville instead and that would mean come March or later in 2008 my shift would become the Friday Saturday Sunday shift.
[right][snapback]246732[/snapback][/right]
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
meford4u,Aug 15 2007, 06:14 AM Wrote:Wait til you see the Flex in person.  I have been in both the Taurus X and the Flex.
The Flex.........it's about the size of a Suburban.  Its friggin huge compared to the Taurus X.

And as a side note, I was speaking with one of the bosses today about when a decision was going to be made about the continuance/cancellation of our shift.  The big question up in the air right now is the decision on where to place the production of the Lincoln equivalent to the Ford Flex.  We had thought that Chicago was going to be building it, but apparently maybe not.  It may be coming to Oakville instead and that would mean come March or later in 2008 my shift would become the Friday Saturday Sunday shift.
[right][snapback]246732[/snapback][/right]

So the Flex is as big or even bigger than the Freestar then? :blink:

Sure doesn't look like it from the photos :blink:

Yeah the Freestyle/Taurus X is a big car/wagon, drove beside one the other day...

I thought the Focus was high off the ground :ph34r:

Here's hoping OAC gets the work for the Lincoln model of Flex (What will they call it? The Lincoln Preen? :lol: ). The busier OAC is, the happier y'all are that work there right? :P

NefCanuck
I donno if they should make a Lincoln version of it, I mean yeah crossovers are good and all, and they are all the rage right now but looking at the Edge and MKX, they are really similar and they already have the Navagator, I mean dose Lincoln really need a Mini-VUE ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Aug 15 2007, 04:01 PM Wrote:I donno if they should make a Lincoln version of it, I mean yeah crossovers are good and all, and they are all the rage right now but looking at the Edge and MKX, they are really similar and they already have the Navagator, I mean dose Lincoln really need a Mini-VUE ?
[right][snapback]246797[/snapback][/right]
This is not a mini VUE!

It is a large vehicle people. I am almost certain that it is bigger than the Windstar/Freestar and it is Ford's answer to getting out of the minivan market and into a bigger vehicle.
I was sceptical of this vehicle until I saw it in person. It is quite nice. But BIG
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 15 2007, 04:40 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Aug 15 2007, 04:01 PM Wrote:I donno if they should make a Lincoln version of it, I mean yeah crossovers are good and all, and they are all the rage right now but looking at the Edge and MKX, they are really similar and they already have the Navagator, I mean dose Lincoln really need a Mini-VUE ?
[right][snapback]246797[/snapback][/right]
This is not a mini VUE!

It is a large vehicle people. I am almost certain that it is bigger than the Windstar/Freestar and it is Ford's answer to getting out of the minivan market and into a bigger vehicle.
I was sceptical of this vehicle until I saw it in person. It is quite nice. But BIG
[right][snapback]246805[/snapback][/right]

Mini-VUE, I ment Mini-VUV as in, Mini - Van Utility Vehicle?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I decided to revive this thread with new info, I think

http://www.ford.ca/flex/

Have a look at chip foose's Flex ;)
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I've sat in many. This is the first vehicle where I have had to move the seat up vertically because I felt too small (6'4") and I still had plenty of headroom. Positioned the seat to where driving felt comfortable, then got out and sat behind myself. Even with the middle seat all the way forward I had plenty of legroom, then when I slid it all the way back it was like sitting in a limo, much more room than any minivan I was ever in.
I'm waiting for when noone is watching so I can check out the rear seats ;)

If the ZTW was written off today, the Flex would probably be our replacement but I'd want to upgrade latter to the 400+ hp twin-force model.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Apr 28 2008, 10:15 PM Wrote:I've sat in many.  This is the first vehicle where I have had to move the seat up vertically because I felt too small (6'4") and I still had plenty of headroom.  Positioned the seat to where driving felt comfortable, then got out and sat behind myself.  Even with the middle seat all the way forward I had plenty of legroom, then when I slid it all the way back it was like sitting in a limo, much more room than any minivan I was ever in.
I'm waiting for when noone is watching so I can check out the rear seats    ;)

If the ZTW was written off today, the Flex would probably be our replacement but I'd want to upgrade latter to the 400+ hp twin-force model.
[right][snapback]263132[/snapback][/right]

I just found out that the Flex optional towing package includes a Class III hitch - which is is seriously more capable than the Taurus X IIRC
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Drive Of Ecoboost Ford Flex darkpuppet 4 3,240 08-14-2009, 05:17 AM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS
  Ford Flex Road Test CanadaSVT 41 8,900 10-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Saw My First Ford Flex This Weekend. ANTHONYD 4 2,090 03-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Last Post: mo_focus