Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Pwns Me..
I just pulled a darkpuppet this morning... Made it about 2 miles to work... and turned around. It took me about an hour to do the 4 mlle round-trip. Screw it. For what I get paid, and what I do isn't worth the safety risk driving 20 miles on unplowed roads (they're horrible here at keeping the streets clear).

As an added bonus, I almost got T-boned by a big pickup truck who was travelling at a high rate of speed to a red light. It didn't even look like he made an effort to slow down. I couldn't see him -- white pickup truck, and he never bothered to clear off the lights! -- until it was too late. I couldn't slow down, speed up, or change to another lane without losing control because it was so slick, and I was only going about 15mph. I just got ready to wake up in the hospital, and then go car shopping. I don't know how he missed me, it must have been within inches, because his grille was pretty up close and personal in my rear passenger window. He slid across the intersection and nailed another car, instead.

I've also never spoken so many profanities in a single sentence before when I stopped to see if the other driver was ok (she was, the side airbags deployed). Car is probably totalled though, the truck hit her dead smack in the center and put it up on the sidewalk. State police took a statement and my information, and away I went. The cop was screaming at the guy, too. I feel really bad for the lady, she was going on vacation after she got out of work today, and she was absolutely hysterical.

I'm still shaking like crazy.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
^^ Dude, that's a serious close call! It's a tired saying, but at least you're ok. Good on you for doing what less folk seem to do these days and sticking around to help out.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Torradan,

Wow, you must have had your lucky star shining on you to avoid getting creamed by that idiot :ph34r:

At least the person that moron hit is okay, her car is pooched though, any collision that sets off the side airbags usually twists the frame and then its game over :(

It still amazes me how many people continue to drive like their pants are on fire when the roads are a mess <_<

NefCanuck
When I had my crummy drive up here to Pet a few weeks ago, there was so much snow and wind, the visibility was maybe 5-10 feet in any direction. People were passing me like I was parked, with their lights OFF, the vehicles covered in snow, and came close to hitting me on the left, or forcing me into the deep snow near the shoulder. I know it's evil to say, but those folks deserve to crash and die.

There's no excuse for being a f***tard in the winter.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
my car was fun the other day when hammy town got nailed I had to go and get my 104 dollar oil change WTF oh well

but the tc on my car is a ESP thinkg and it really gets frustating fast but works awesome at keeping the car straight as I try and drift the bitch

but if I had snowtires and some weight in the back the 425 hp would be ok
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Pwns All darkpuppet 2 1,284 12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch