Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Procharger Sc On Duratec?
So has anyone done or know of anyone that has done a PC SC retro fit of the Zetec SC on the Duratec motor???
I have been thinking of building the top part of my motor to get the gain in power along with getting a Cosworth Intake Manifold. But that would still leave me under powered. So I figured I could try to rig up a retro fit of a SC.
[Image: focus_uhLG.jpg]

Tell me what you think???
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I like it.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Perhaps if you're doing the fitting and fabrication yourself ... but if you have to pay a pro to do that I think you're better off looking for a turbo that's been designed for the engine.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
True
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

if you don't wanna go turbo, just spray it ;)
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
To me SC isn't worth the price for the gains. Especially since a SC robs HP from your engine to get it working. Turbo is the way to go if anything. Then you gotta worry about your tranny since you have an ATX platform. Unless you're going low boost.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Oct 15 2009, 01:37 PM Wrote:To me SC isn't worth the price for the gains. Especially since a SC robs HP from your engine to get it working. Turbo is the way to go if anything. Then you gotta worry about your tranny since you have an ATX platform. Unless you're going low boost.
[right][snapback]296103[/snapback][/right]

The old S/C vs Turbo debate...lol..each application has its own benefits and drawbacks.

However for the purpose of thsi thread a turbo is the way to go.

Figured

Man I want one so bad.. But I can't justify spending on both turbo and Lentech tranny, it's just way too much. But Randy over as FS said he has clients that ran the Stage 2 turbo at 9psi on a stock ATX tranny and no complaints.

So don't know..

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Ya the ATX would just need the upgraded torque converter and bigger spline gears to handle the power. But they are only dreams right now....

wait for f2, they say they will have the kit fitted and tuned to the duratec by the american thanks giving. im following the thread on [FJ] and it looks like it will be a nice peice. they are working with kraftwerks on it. almost same set up on the MZR 2.3 made like 180 ish whp on 4.5 PSI and is CARB approved aswell, thats with stock manifold on car.

they are going to offer up to stage 3 for it and it will likely be pushing some pretty nice numbers. it is a rotrex centrifugal super charger, no whine and really good efficiency. nice units IMO

check it out for yourself
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Link... need a link. FJ is no my Forte lol

Scorcher000,Oct 15 2009, 02:59 PM Wrote:Link... need a link. FJ is no my Forte lol
[right][snapback]296111[/snapback][/right]

F2 on FJ re Duratec Supercharger
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Hmm, so that looks ATX safe..
I wonder what they will be asking for it.. I just posted in there asking if it should be safe for stock ATX. This could be a great way to get some power since I can't even get cams.

124whp/129wtq
GFXjamie,Oct 15 2009, 02:55 PM Wrote:wait for f2, they say they will have the kit fitted and tuned to the duratec by the american thanks giving. im following the thread on [FJ] and it looks like it will be a nice peice. they are working with kraftwerks on it. almost same set up on the MZR 2.3 made like 180 ish whp on 4.5 PSI and is CARB approved aswell, thats with stock manifold on car.

they are going to offer up to stage 3 for it and it will likely be pushing some pretty nice numbers. it is a rotrex centrifugal super charger, no whine and really good efficiency. nice units IMO

check it out for yourself
[right][snapback]296109[/snapback][/right]

Is F2 going to have that out before or after the long awaited Duratec Turbo setup? :lol:

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Don't they have that Duratec turbo out already?
Anyways, Stage 1 will be ATX safe for stock. As is Stage 1 or Stage 2 (9psi) for FSWerks.

124whp/129wtq
If she breaks, then she breaks... Put a manual in. But I'd like to know how they know a Stock ATX wouldn't work. have then actually tested on at high power or are they just running the numbers.

tetra,Oct 15 2009, 03:44 PM Wrote:Don't they have that Duratec turbo out already?
[right][snapback]296116[/snapback][/right]

Kit is setup. However they are still testing Turbos. See on their website:

http://www.f2usa.com/138/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=1668

it'd sure be interesting if they did come out with a SC for the duratec..its been all talk for so many years now. if they did however and it is ATX safe...i would still upgrade the torque converter/valve body and the first set of clutch packs. least thats what i've read should be done.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.