Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous
If you go turbo, you only spend like $3.00 for each plug and you get better MPG's. :o :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Being at work I don't have the time right now to read the last 5 posts....

BUT

BUY THE FORD PLUGS.... $10.92 ea.

AZFS 32 FEF4 or the new part number SP-478
Ford is changing the part numbers in the park plugs... the plugs are still the same they even have the same number on the plug itself, just new packaging number... you can mix and match
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 01:09 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Sep 28 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:Okay. While reading the replies to my post, (Thanks to everyone ), I have noticed that if I don't make any modifications, ie, turbo, exhaust, throttle body, etc, I'm being told that it's best not to do any small modifications. like putting in better plugs,  or better wires. Is this because the modifications or changes won't make a difference to fuel economy or performance? I can't afford to put in a turbocharger, or change the exhaust. I would like to, as things need to be replaced, replace the parts with better equipment, to improve performance or fuel economy.
[right][snapback]208963[/snapback][/right]

there are 'small' mods you can do that'll increase the performance of your car... in accordingly small increments.

Plugs and wires are one of those mods that really, nobody really needs to do, and swapping to aftermarket 'performance' parts can be more detrimental than helpful.

If you want to do some small things that'll make a bit of a difference, a cold air intake (a true CAI, not shorty or 'ram air') will help.. an exhaust will help a little. Porting the throttle body will give a bit more tip-in response. ... then moving on to the intake manifold, tune, and driveline components will offer some more gains.

So all we're saying is just do your research (which you're doing now), and you'll be able to do some mods that are both cheap and make a difference... sparkplugs and wires on an otherwise stock engine don't have any benefit.
[right][snapback]209026[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the input and the time to help out. I'll be visiting my local Ford dealer for plugs and wires very soon.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Flofocus,Sep 28 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:If you go turbo, you only spend like $3.00 for each plug and you get better MPG's. :o  :P
[right][snapback]209044[/snapback][/right]
Okay, but you'll have to explain to my wife that a turbo is an upkeep, not an upgrade.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....