Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Execs See End Of Cheap Gas Era
Detroit Execs See End of Cheap Gas Era
The Daily Auto Insider
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
August 2006

Gasoline prices will remain at $3 to $4 a gallon for the rest of this decade, says Thomas W. LaSorda, Chrysler's chief executive, according to a story in the New York Times.

George Pipas, Ford's chief sales analyst, agreed that high gas prices were not a temporary phenomenon, although he didn't give a number.

Asked about gasoline prices, Ford's Pipas said, "We don't see the price of gasoline returning to the levels that we all enjoyed in the 90's and the early part of this decade...[.] The days of inexpensive gasoline are gone."

These comments are recognition that the two automakers may have to fundamentally change their product mix, the Times said.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
We the customers knew this a long time ago, why didn't they know this was coming and plan ahead with more friendly cars on gas. it's like How many new SUV's are coming on the market now ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ah sh!t who knew this was coming

Oh well All I can say is "PAy to play"
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Aug 30 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:ah sh!t who knew this was coming

Oh well All I can say is "PAy to play"
[right][snapback]204838[/snapback][/right]

Bingo!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I find the timing of this statement a little odd as on the way home today I saw gas for 76.9 cents a litre. The lowest I have seen in a few months. :blink:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Man... we are 88 here in Ottawa, I want 76.9 so I can start to stock pile it! LOL!!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Aaron paid 78Cents tonite...........

For premium.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 30 2006, 11:03 PM Wrote:Aaron paid 78Cents tonite...........

For premium.
[right][snapback]204878[/snapback][/right]

WHAT!?!
Our gas is still in the high 80's (I thought we were lucky)..

And how are auto manufacturers just realizing gas is not going down.. When does the price of anything ever go down?!!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
STILL above a $1 in MB :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
We filled last night for 94.8/L in North Bay. I heard from my parents it was in the 80s in Toronto.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
1.18/l for 94 octane in BC still
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
78.9 for 91oct this morning for me
2006 Focus ZX5 SES GFX for sale...18500obo!!
86.9 at the Esso at Dufferin and Eglinton this morning.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS