Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neat Feature On A New Opel Model
[Image: af453f9e606bb6185fe6d2c5c94b2c05.jpg]

A further innovation is ‘FlexFix’ – an integral carrier system similar to that shown on the 2004 Opel Trixx concept car. Available as an option on all new Corsas, FlexFix is pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. Â
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Great Idea!
D-Dub,Jun 2 2006, 04: Wrote:Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
[right][snapback]191034[/snapback][/right]

It's an American thing ... they have a different teke on things than they do in Europe ... hard to describe, but a picture's worth a 1,000 words.

[Image: euro_vs_america.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
^^^ Seen that everywhere.

And, I think the new feature is a good idea too!
ZTWsquared,Jun 2 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 2 2006, 04: Wrote:Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
[right][snapback]191034[/snapback][/right]

It's an American thing ... they have a different teke on things than they do in Europe ... hard to describe, but a picture's worth a 1,000 words.

[right][snapback]191040[/snapback][/right]

haha, right on, north american designers are more concerned with bigger cup holders and square cup holders rather then healty and sporty stuff like easy bike mount.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

that bike mount is a great idea... saves the hassle of trying to figure out a bike rack for your car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote: pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. Â
[right][snapback]191031[/snapback][/right]

in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
naz,Jun 2 2006, 09:09 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote: pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. Â
[right][snapback]191031[/snapback][/right]

in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
[right][snapback]191077[/snapback][/right]

By the look of that design you could possibly shear the sucker clean off if you hit the thing perpendicular to the car, sending said shelf & bikes careening off to the side.

NefCAnuck
NefCanuck,Jun 2 2006, 10:25 PM Wrote:in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
[right][snapback]191077[/snapback][/right]

By the look of that design you could possibly shear the sucker clean off if you hit the thing perpendicular to the car, sending said shelf & bikes careening off to the side.

NefCAnuck
[right][snapback]191079[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It would break just as easily as any other hitch mounted rack I'm sure.

Also, the steel to hold the rack and the retracting device would probably crumple long before it took out any pasengers. It's not like it's a retractable frame rail...it's just a bike rack.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Probably would not pass our bumper laws..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I like this Idea, I want to get a bike this summer, and this would be a good feature for me.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Slimsride,Jun 3 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!

[right][snapback]191127[/snapback][/right]

Oh my god I just orange juice out my nose... You wrote what I was thinking...
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Like I've always said......

If you don;t have the cars.....DON'T open the showroom.

haha that is nasty, yet soo true!

And the bike rack is an AWESOME idea!!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.