Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Rant
Oscar The Grouch,May 16 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:Just to add more fuel to the discussion, I was looking at the demerit point system and a person can be charged with "Failing to share the road" @ 2 demerit points.

- Could the young lad have shared the road, yes.
- If he did would he have prevented possible damage to other people's vehicles, yes.
- Would he have known about possible damage, debatable.

I'll have to find the traffic act to see what this actually means.

So based upon this and if my interpretation is correct, the young lad in the honda did break the law in certain terms.
[right][snapback]187841[/snapback][/right]

is there anything mentioned in the highway traffic act? or is it a local law?

I see regulations for horse racing on the street, but I don't see 'sharing the road' in there.

But I do recall the term, and I thought it was related to sharing the road with smal and/or non-motorized vehicles including cyclists... (ie, not supposed to be crowding cyclists or motor cyclists off the road).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

in before the lock
I can't believe this thread is still going...

Keep beating that dead horse :1lockd:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
quote=darkpuppet,May 16 2006, 12:16 PM]

is there anything mentioned in the highway traffic act? or is it a local law?

I see regulations for horse racing on the street, but I don't see 'sharing the road' in there.

But I do recall the term, and I thought it was related to sharing the road with smal and/or non-motorized vehicles including cyclists... (ie, not supposed to be crowding cyclists or motor cyclists off the road).
[right][snapback]187857[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I found it in the demerit points system. Linky Not sure outside of that.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Damn thats sucks buddy, hopefully everything gets worked out and no one calls the 5-0.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
So, I never saw this one before. Damn, I had to pick my ass up off the floor after reading about it. Not that I would ever condone violence to solve a situation, sometimes it just needs to happen. Some of you may recall my story of thoroughly handing a kid's ass to him after attacking my old man, like I said, sometimes, that's what it takes to get a point across. Hopefully the kid learns a lesson.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
^^ there's a bit of a difference there. You beat up a bully. you didn't become the bully.

p.s. failure to share the road may have applied in this case. I'd love to know how it's enforced tho...

Is this still being talked about ? :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:Is this still being talked about ? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]188292[/snapback][/right]

Agree, This should have been locked down DAYS ago...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
if I locked it down, i'd get a dozen PMs complaining...

oh well.. here comes the lock