Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisdom Teeth
Wow what the heck do they do up there to yank teeth? Use medieval instruments? Sounds like so many bad experiences! My dentist just sat on my chest (she is TINY) and pried them out. No pain or anything. Plus she is nice to look at, so I was slightly distracted.

I had 2 yanked out a couple years back.. had a smoke when I walked out of the dentist's office (big no-no), an hour later I was at work in the warehouse carrying on as usual, lifting and all that fun warehouse stuff. I only took the good happy drugs they gave me on the first day, after that I was fine, except for getting really tired of the taste of blood in my mouth. A couple of days eating pudding and ice cream and stuff.. then was back to eating normal food
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Gotta love the american healthcare system... haha

I gotta have mine done for this summer

Thank god for Dental Insurance....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 29 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:Rinse with salt water and you will be fine.
[right][snapback]177754[/snapback][/right]

Man, that would hurt SO bad.

Mine arnt out yet, and i hope i dont ever have to.

I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I haven't had my wisdom teeth take out, but I had just got a root canal done.. can't belevie what these dentists can charge for 20 to 30 minutes worth of work.
Favorite Links:

Collegemates.ca
FocusCanada.net
Focaljet.com
FocusFanatics.com

"Getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional."
2004ZX3,Mar 29 2006, 01:03 PM Wrote:I haven't had my wisdom teeth take out, but I had just got a root canal done.. can't belevie what these dentists can charge for 20 to 30 minutes worth of work.
[right][snapback]177823[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, they're just as bad as mechanics..

wonder if they go by a pricing guide... "root canal = $500/hr, minimum of an hour".

Horray for insurance, didn't cost me a penny to have the $5k in dental work done a couple of years ago. (I hate dentists, so I put it off until the pain was too much).. pulled teeth, couple root canals, couple of crowns, various other evil things that caused pain.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Mar 29 2006, 09:49 AM Wrote:Wow what the heck do they do up there to yank teeth?  Use medieval instruments?  Sounds like so many bad experiences!  My dentist just sat on my chest (she is TINY) and pried them out.  No pain or anything.  Plus she is nice to look at, so I was slightly distracted.

I had 2 yanked out a couple years back.. had a smoke when I walked out of the dentist's office (big no-no),  an hour later I was at work in the warehouse carrying on as usual, lifting and all that fun warehouse stuff.  I only took the good happy drugs they gave me on the first day, after that I was fine, except for getting really tired of the taste of blood in my mouth.  A couple of days eating pudding and ice cream and stuff.. then was back to eating normal food
[right][snapback]177777[/snapback][/right]

Depends on how the wisdom teeth came in as to whether or not they can simply yank 'em or if they have to chip 'em out. Two of mine came out sideways and the other two were still in the gums. Needless to say, it wasn't a yoink and yer done type of deal :ph34r: which is why I opted to get done in the hospital.

Heh, lucky you to get a decent dentist to look at. The oral hygenists at my denists office are easy on the eyes but the dentist? Let's just say he hasn't aged that gracefully and leave it at that :lol:

NefCanuck
i had them removed in January, and all i can say is, i would do it again, every week because it got me off work and they still payed me.
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
02ztsian,Mar 29 2006, 02:37 PM Wrote:I was born with no wisdom teeth. Insert lack of wisdom joke
here.>
[right][snapback]177775[/snapback][/right]

i'm with you on the one.
'03 Focus SVT