Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F2's Twin Turbo Setup
ZX3TUNR,Jan 18 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:The exhaust manifold is on the back of all MK2 focus's
[right][snapback]165675[/snapback][/right]

I'm not familiar with Focuses yet and I never seen a MK2 either, I guess it's not available to the North American Market. I'll do a searh to get more info.

Thanks !

Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
mpcv2000,Jan 19 2006, 01:24 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Jan 18 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:The exhaust manifold is on the back of all MK2 focus's
[right][snapback]165675[/snapback][/right]

I'm not familiar with Focuses yet and I never seen a MK2 either, I guess it's not available to the North American Market. I'll do a searh to get more info.

Thanks !
[right][snapback]165781[/snapback][/right]

MK2 just signifies that it is a new body/platform. pre 2005 are MKI ( MK1 ) 2005 + are known as MKII ( MK2 ) cause of the new body style.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Ok got it , it's like the SN95 Mustangs , platform they used it from 94 to 04.

Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
last i checked this car ran and is probably going to be at the FocusShootout in april.

also, overkill or not, this was an exersize in fabrication skills of a shop.
the ability to build something this wild is not something many can do, usefull or not, it's impressive.

rob doesn't like anything that isn't built for purpose... i'm not surprized he doesn't like this.
ZX3TUNING,Jan 19 2006, 04:49 AM Wrote:last i checked this car ran and is probably going to be at the FocusShootout in april.

also, overkill or not, this was an exersize in fabrication skills of a shop.
the ability to build something this wild is not something many can do, usefull or not, it's impressive.

rob doesn't like anything that isn't built for purpose... i'm not surprized he doesn't like this.
[right][snapback]165810[/snapback][/right]

It does not "run" in the true sense of the word. It will idle, and I believe it can even move under it's own power to get from the trailer to the carpet and back. But that's it.

But that is more of a testament to the power of Ford's EEC than it is to their fabrication skills. I've "run" my car with a charge pipe popped off, and the turbo drawing through the MAF and venting to atmosphere.

I've "run" my car with the MAP sensor broken for the Pectel, driving while using the + and - keys on the global fuel trim to match the throttle setting I needed.

Yeah, it's a decent exercise in packaging and fabrication. I'll give it that. I probably wouldn't have said much if they had just said "it's a show car". But instead they ran their mouths, and talked about how they'd have it running shortly after SEMA was over. It's been months, and... nothing.

I just realized the twin intercooler thing... lame.

And the intake/exhaust reversal thing doens't have anything to do with Mk1 vs. Mk2... it's the Duratec engine that is reversed. That engine has been in Foci in Cali since 2003.
quick question, how much power do you think its gonna have to make, to get the 2 turbos running efficiently??
like i undestand how the whole turbo thing works and everything, but its gonna need to be pushing alot of air in (which it obviously can) to be pushing enough exhaust gases through the turbos to keep the spinning efficiently. without the tuning dead on and always revving high, that thing will have huge lag.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twin Turbo In New Fords CanadaSVT 1 1,111 08-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  F2 Twin Turbo Duratec Widebody 05 Sedan! SVT ZX3 5 2,259 11-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Last Post: SVT ZX3