Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper Anyone?
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 29 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:LS2? I thought the LS1 was a Vette / Camaro motor, LS6 was a C5 motor, and LS7 was the new C6 motor?
[right][snapback]162472[/snapback][/right]

The Ls2 is a V8 vette motor which is also used in the SS trailbrazer SUV. In the SS it puts down 395HP...probably just so it wouldnt be 'the same 400hp vette motor'.

Also...about the solstice being ripped from the S2000....they dont look anything alike and the S2000 is smaller!

I think what bothers me about the solstice the most is the absolute lack of any nice accessories....hell the focus has nicer looking tails and headlights...

The rims are the only half-decent part on that car....

..on a side note...I smacked my head on the hood really nice...it opens the opposite way and it really leaves fuk=all for room to work!

All in all...The pontiac solstice is the goof of the year!
Interesting. The only Solstice in North Bay belongs to the electrician that completely rewired our server room 2 weeks ago. He seemed stoked.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I really want to give the Saturn version a good look over once it comes out.

It's probably one of the nicest looking roadsters out there that I have seen* and if (after listening to Solstice reviews in the press) they have solved some of the critisms especilally the interior fit and finish and plus finding enough room in the trunk for a shaving kit, make up bag and two T-shirts it will be an awesome/bargain vehicle, who needs underwear during a "meaningful weekend relationship".

If it has more power to weight than a stock Focus, which I'm pretty sure it does, thats a good start and nothing to complain about. After the first year "rush" Saturn will probably intro a "RedLine" version too.

First mod: de-badge Saturn grill

* I'm not a roadster fan

[Image: Saturn%2520Sky.jpg]
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Yeah everything I've been reading and seeing about the soltice/sky is very good. I'm also waiting to give the sky a drive, I've seen 2 Soltices in person and I think they look way better in person. As for driving one, I havent heard any incredible reviews, most compare it to a miata drive, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
check out the pictures...on looks alone..the Sky is 100 times sexier//

Saturn Sky

Pontiac Solstice

You really have to see the Solstice in person to realize its a piece of junk!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now This Is A Sleeper meford4u 15 4,754 04-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Crazirich