Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow!
Festive_Zombie,Dec 9 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:Snow what is that, oh I forgot I'm in Victoria, it doesn't snow. Sorry B)
[right][snapback]160258[/snapback][/right]

That will be comforting when the whole lot of you fall into the Pacific Ocean in the next 10-100 years.

BTW, I've spent a dozen years at Esquamalt over the past 25 and have many snow pictures including my sister in law shoveling her driveway with a cookie tray. When it snows in the Lower Mainland and the Gulf Islands the "new canadians" :rolleyes: in Toronto are World Rally Champs in comparison with the chaos that goes on there.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Random Hero,Dec 9 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:Hugs *hug* the Ranger lol

I cant wait to get 'er lifted with my 31's, oh man.
[right][snapback]160223[/snapback][/right]

4x4? My Ranger was 4x2 as the rest of my dad's past Rangers... and they were all crap in snow. I had mine loaded with 12 bags of salt last year and still no good... with a cap. :lol: Fun regardless, edge ride height and all was fun, but the traction sucked... wayyy too light of an ass end, typical truck eh. I love the Focus in the snow! P6 or no P6, this car handles great.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
lol I must add I was pretty drunk when I posted that, pre party drinkin baby!

The Ranger is a 4x2, but it handles pretty good in the snow compared to a lot of the trucks I have driven. I put 4 bags of salt in the rear and the handling improved a bit...Nothing compared to my dad's supercrew lariat 4x4 though, that thing is a monster on and off the road in any condition. But I hug my ranger because it can actually carry or tow everything I need in one trip, instead of 2-3 with the focus.

Btw, if anyone remembers the topic I made about the focus for the ranger, I ended up with an 06 stx fully loaded, and I only owe 10 in 3 years. I havent regretted the choice (and I hope I never do) since it has made my life quite a bit easier and less hecktic, and gave me more leisure time. But I will never forget my focus roots, and I will still be active here giving my input every now and then :) Hope you guys dont reject me though :P
speaking of snow... there's been a few storm systems moving throughout ontario.

My buddy who came from up north (Thunder Bay) to pick up a civic, decided to take a break in Wawa... well, that was after he got a tow out of the snowbank apparently.

Lucky for him, it was just a snowbank and not the rock cut on either side.

And he still has 4 -6 hours of driving through the snow belt....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

My car gets around great in the snow with the Blizzaks...I can even force my car to drift without using the handbrake...which is actually fun, and the car doesn't lose control or any of that other stuff. Only time I have issues are hills that ar hardpacked and I am in lower gears...the front wheel drive loves to spin...lol.

I never had any problems in the snow with this car in the past. Never got stuck at all, and never went off the road with it (wrapping knuckles on desk as I typed that). I miss driving my 78 Merc in the snow though...driving at a 45 degree angle down a straight road and having people yelling at me to stop being a cheap bastard and put snow tires on my "hot rod" lol...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I wish I had a pic of earlier today... driving out to make a "house call" and the highway was completely hard-packed. A quick flick of the wheel was tail-out goodness. Mmm.

I love the handling balance on the Focus. It's just right :)

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I dont see any snow.