Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Had To Be Towed :(
strange. if key weight does affect it i guess i'll be buying a new cylinder soon. damn compustar remote.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Oct 3 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:strange. if key weight does affect it i guess i'll be buying a new cylinder soon.  damn compustar remote.
[right][snapback]146304[/snapback][/right]

I dont think key weight has anything to do with it. At 1st I thought it was since I saw everybody else having the problemn but me....then it happned to me so key weight cant be the issue. They re-designed this part, the original part is a POS, you can tell its a new peice when they put the new one in. Its different from the old one.

all I ever had on my key chain was the focus key and the remote.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I have a STUPID number of keys and junk on my chain, never had a problem. *knocks on head*

That sucks... I'd let them have it, and if that fails, go to the media.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 3 2005, 05:50 PM Wrote:I have a STUPID number of keys and junk on my chain, never had a problem. *knocks on head*

That sucks... I'd let them have it, and if that fails, go to the media.
[right][snapback]146362[/snapback][/right]

Already did that with this exact problem. Wrote to the Toronto Star 'Wheels' Section...check out the poll on FJ for this problem. Over 280 Replies with the same issue. :blink:

They did fix the issue, theres a TSB :rolleyes:

(that must be recent cuz when mine went this summer, no TSB or Recall was listed)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Had The Car Towed. ANTHONYD 8 2,275 10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Feral