Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update! Dixie Ford Is Flippin' Ridiculous
haha, if i was bored and my laser printer was working, id just pull up random topics on focus forums... and drop them off at the oakville head office.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Steve, if you are seriously pissed off at what the dealership/Ford has done, the b*tching and writing here won't get you far. You HAVE to put your complaint to letters addressed to Ford of Canada and the Management at the dealership pointing out what happened, your frustration, and how you were not satisfied with the resolution and/or answers you were provided.

Maybe I'm also the few lucky ones, but my dealership experiences have been good overall. When they do make mistakes (mostly unintentional, but there have been times where I was left thinking WTF), I will make note of it with the Service Advisor, the Service Manager, and usually the Dealer Principal/General Manager.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Blackzx3,Sep 15 2005, 10:59 PM Wrote:Kool_Zx3

I wouldn't be so fast to jump on top of dodge like that, from my experience, and I love ford trucks, but my friend who used to own a snow plowing/landscape company went under because of his ford truck.  He has a 2000 dodge 2500 cummins diesel, and used to have a 2004 f-250 diesel, dodge with an old nasty plow, and the ford with a brand new beautiful plow rated for the truck.  Well two weeks into the real snow in decemeber/jan the fords transmission cracked and was out of service for two weeks, and once it was back on the road guess what happened the next snow storm tranny cracked again (this time I was driving).  The dodge has been plowing for 5 years has about 180,000 kms all local and never a problem,  In the end he went under because he bought a brand new ford truck.  And this is a common problem with that year and model, not sure if it is a recognized problem, but there is a ford dealer in richmond hill that his friend works at who admitted there is a problem with the trannies.
[right][snapback]142423[/snapback][/right]

I know plenty of ford's that plow snow all winter long and have no problems, the dodge's do when the front end wants to fall of them every 30000clicks.

I know one guy with a new dodge 3500 turbo cummins, he was haulin a trailer and the tranny blew to high heaven. Dodge tranny's in the trucks have always been thier weak point. Been documented all over, i see it happen all the time no matter the truck. Front end are horrible on them to.
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dixie Ford Sundown 11 3,690 11-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sundown