Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side Marker Lights
Howdddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy, (oh geez, i've been in alberta too long)

i was wondering if anyone has installed side marker lights on their foci's. If so, what type did ya get, was it a bitch of an install, i'm thinking of getting them, so let me know...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Type: APC
Difficulty: If you can't do it, get your pet gerbil or the neighbourhood racoon to.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:Type: APC
Difficulty: If you can't do it, get your pet gerbil or the neighbourhood racoon to.
[right][snapback]128212[/snapback][/right]

that easy huh? now the hard part.....to find a gerbil or racoon with opposable thumbs?
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 07:30 PM Wrote:
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:Type: APC
[right][snapback]128212[/snapback][/right]

that easy huh? now the hard part.....to find a gerbil or racoon with opposable thumbs?
[right][snapback]128218[/snapback][/right]

SIMPLY STUNNING!
its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Aug 4 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.
[right][snapback]128251[/snapback][/right]

HUH?

crawl under the front and take them off????? take what off? oh my god, i'm lost
Mods so far:
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Aug 4 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.

HUH?

[right][snapback]128259[/snapback][/right]

There are 2 3/8's nuts holding the stock markers on. If you crawl under the car you can see them easilly. I have the APC clear ones which I was planning on installing until I ran into a dilemma. Stupid nuts are rusted to crap and won't let go. Soaked them in WD40 (it was all I have) to see if that will loosen them up any.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Aug 4 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:

HUH?

[right][snapback]128259[/snapback][/right]

There are 2 3/8's nuts holding the stock markers on. If you crawl under the car you can see them easilly. I have the APC clear ones which I was planning on installing until I ran into a dilemma. Stupid nuts are rusted to crap and won't let go. Soaked them in WD40 (it was all I have) to see if that will loosen them up any.
[right][snapback]128264[/snapback][/right]

ER...oh....i'm a dum ass...but i was kinda talking the Euro style lights that sit on the sides of your quarter panels...
Mods so far:
They are called side repeaters. That is tough. Never mind thinking about it and move on.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You can cut holes in your fenders to install them, but it wont look the same as stock euro. The european fenders have a recessed indent for the side repeaters so they fit closer to flush with the body.

Also, the washer fluid tank is in the driver side fender, and needs to be modified to allow for the depth of the lense/bulb/socket/wiring.
meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:They are called side repeaters.  That is tough.  Never mind thinking about it and move on.
[right][snapback]128271[/snapback][/right]

Like Mr. Fuktard said, not worth it
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
but if these guys haven't gotten your hopes up, your best bet about this would be to talk to jaspher, he just got his done not too long ago, and can steer you into this, our out of it.
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 11:29 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:They are called side repeaters.  That is tough.  Never mind thinking about it and move on.
[right][snapback]128271[/snapback][/right]

Like Mr. Fuktard said, not worth it
[right][snapback]128306[/snapback][/right]

yup i would have to agree, NEXT project...
Mods so far:
theyre also commonly called Euro Blinkers. The difference between a marker light and a blinker light, is the blinker generally blinks when your signaling, the marker usually turns on with your park lights and often contains a DOT approved reflective surface built-in to comply with reflector regulations needed on the front side of the car forward of the driving wheels.
My other ride is your Mom