Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Changes
Well said... Business is business.. and thats all that it comes down to.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
BrooksZX3, it was great to see you at the SVTOA-On-Track at Dunnville Autodrome in July sponsored by the Toronto-SVTOA. I appreciated you taking the time to come out and show off your car and products and your ability to answer some questions. Did removing the light help at all? Hope ya make it to the next SVT track event. Cheers.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Aug 18 2004, 05:20 PM Wrote:BrooksZX3, it was great to see you at the SVTOA-On-Track at Dunnville Autodrome in July sponsored by the Toronto-SVTOA.  I appreciated you taking the time to come out and show off your car and products and your ability to answer some questions.  Did removing the light help at all?  Hope ya make it to the next SVT track event.  Cheers.
Yeah, what a great event to sponsor and I assure you it was our pleasure to be there! It's hard to say what the gains were by removing the headlight, but certainly any amount of cooler air in the engine bay when you're constantly reving over 7000rpm is usefull :P You can count on us being at many events to come, in fact... I'll be back at Dunnville in 2 days for baseline testing of STKVSTDA ;)

I suppose this could reside in another area of the forum, but regardless, thanks for the comments - much appreciated! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

BTW... Dunnville is having a lapping day this Friday for any of you who may be able to make it. Will be less than 15 cars there so track time will be out of this world :ph34r: :D Contact me if you're interested... the price is 200 including lunch.

AND gossip news, Sports Car Revolution is now filming at that location due to TMP's zoning issues with the road course. The track is amazing!
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Any performance gained that way ... minimal if any at all .. gets killed by crappy aerodynamics.

off topic though.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Aug 19 2004, 03:47 AM Wrote:Any performance gained that way ... minimal if any at all .. gets killed by crappy aerodynamics.

off topic though.
Yeah, down the straights it definitely affects the aero... but I would say in all the lower speed tight corners it would see some gain on acceleration... trade-off value unknown lol :ph34r:

Regardless, I did want the cooler air for the motor when it had only 2000kms on it and I didn't hold back one bit :P RED LINE ROCKETEERING RULES lol

as they say on MXC... "get-it-onnn!!"

(if the aero is poor at high speed... it must help out breaking then :blink: :P :P :P :D hehehe)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA