Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ditched The Roof Racks
A minor thing, I know but I prefer the new look. Wasn't sure what to do with the holes so I put the screws back in and painted them with touch up paint. Hopefully the paint will seal the screws and not let any moisture in. They need a second coat but not bad for now.

I will ask you to excuse the dirt and I still need to get rid of the marks left behind by the rubber on the racks.

[Image: noracks.jpg]

[Image: screw.jpg]
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
im not gonna lie I really don't mind the roof rack, but good job on the touch up paint
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Clean job.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Nice, did you run a small bead of RTV to seal the bolt? Did your bolts bottom out on the frame and pop up the roof metal?

I've had my rack off for a couple years now, if anything, it makes sweeping the snow off easier.

A rear spoiler will complete the look.

j3rt,Oct 6 2008, 04:43 PM Wrote:Nice, did you run a small bead of RTV to seal the bolt?  Did your bolts bottom out on the frame and pop up the roof metal?

I've had my rack off for a couple years now, if anything, it makes sweeping the snow off easier.

A rear spoiler will complete the look.
[right][snapback]273982[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna RTV it but then it would make the painting difficult as there is a metal piece that the screw screws into that is visible and the RTV gets dirty after a while. I am hoping the second coat of paint will seal it enough.

The screws were not too long.

If by spoiler you mean a rear "lip". Then yes, I do think that would look good.
I think he means something coming off the roof line
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I meant that I put a small amount on the threads of the bolt, just to keep things water tight. Wiped up any that squeezed out.

Can't seem to find any decent wagon/estate spoiler pics to throw up here.
Well i now have another project to add to doing my fogs and rear springs tomorrow :D

SWEET!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I've always lamented the fact that the only Focus that had roofracks was the wagon - I always wanted them for my ZX5.

Having said that, your removal mod looks really sweet and "lowers" the car nicely. Good job! :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Lookin' good! That sets it a little more apart from the other silver wagon I've been seeing in town... :D
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
reldridge,Oct 7 2008, 12:09 PM Wrote:Lookin' good! That sets it a little more apart from the other silver wagon I've been seeing in town... :D
[right][snapback]274059[/snapback][/right]

I've seen 2 in town. Next spring when I put on my painted stock alloy rims (not sure which colour yet) I will definitely be different from them.
:D

looks good, you should do the rear lunchbox delete next, cheap yet very effective.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Oct 7 2008, 06:47 PM Wrote:looks good, you should do the rear lunchbox delete next, cheap yet very effective.
[right][snapback]274100[/snapback][/right]

Enlighten me please. I know not of this lunchbox you speak of.
heelchain,Oct 7 2008, 08:18 PM Wrote:
Spinal,Oct 7 2008, 06:47 PM Wrote:looks good, you should do the rear lunchbox delete next, cheap yet very effective.

[right][snapback]274109[/snapback][/right]

It's the second "lunch box" shaped muffler just before the tail pipe. The first main muffler is ahead of the rear wheels. Some people have cut this "lunch box" out and replaced it with just a pipe to give a louder growl instead of replacing the whole exhaust with an aftermarket one.

Here is a thread about this topic:

lunch box delete
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Oct 7 2008, 10:18 PM Wrote:
heelchain,Oct 7 2008, 08:18 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]274109[/snapback][/right]

It's the second "lunch box" shaped muffler just before the tail pipe. The first main muffler is ahead of the rear wheels. Some people have cut this "lunch box" out and replaced it with just a pipe to give a louder growl instead of replacing the whole exhaust with an aftermarket one.

Here is a thread about this topic:

lunch box delete
[right][snapback]274112[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the link. I will definitely think about it.