Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Exhaust
Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
DRyanC,Jul 27 2007, 08:11 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]244984[/snapback][/right]

What is the "front pipe"? i know most cat backs go from the flex pipe back, so if you want it to truly be a cat back you'll need to source a flex pipe
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
If you're talking about the pipe that runs from the manicat to the rest of the exhaust (the flex), then no, it doesn't.

You can likely get a better-quality replacement for it for less money. Try http://www.focussport.com for some options (if I remember correctly) and I'll let a few more Zetec guys chime in on that as they'd know more.

Is your flex that bad?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
DRyanC,Jul 27 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:Hey Everyone. My MBRP exhaust should be delivered today, but I have one question. Does this kit include the front pipe? It's just that I priced the front pipe from Ford and employee price was $230. The MBRP set up is 260 or so, which is amazing if the front pipe is included. Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]244984[/snapback][/right]

No, the flex pipe is not included. I changed mine using a 2.25" pipe from newedgeperformance. The existing pipe is MUCH smaller than 2.25, more like 1.75", which doesn't make sense as it just creates a bottle neck.

It really helped to open things ups, only makes sense to change both the exhaust the flex pipe at once.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where To Get Focus Mbrp Exhaust? 02_svt_guy 15 4,225 02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Mbrp Exhaust focusnme 55 21,856 10-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ZX5focused
  Mbrp Exhaust Sundown 14 5,099 12-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Polishing Mbrp Exhaust Tip... Drivesthebeast 7 2,343 09-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING