Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Worth The Money?
ANTHONYD,Jun 15 2006, 08:18 AM Wrote:Look for intakes or air filters.

You might be able to fing a UDP for that price.
[right][snapback]193164[/snapback][/right]

true

I asked the seller a question.. if it plugs into the J3 port, or if not, where does it hook into.

Apparently it goes inline with the IAT sensor, so you'd be tricking your car into thinking it was getting cooler air than it really was to falsly increase spark advance.

You could theoretically roast your engine on a hot day with this thing, and see absolutely no gains in colder weather.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

No kidding.

Triking you engine into thinking it was cooler than it really is could do some serious damage.

Why do people sell stuff like that???? I guess buyer beware huh? :rolleyes:
UDP for overall parasitic loss reduction, new filter for better airflow and better mileage and minor power gains.

There are plenty of options out there. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
FastandFocusZTS,Jun 14 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:I want to spend about $50 - $100 on something from ebay, what is soemthing worth buying???
[right][snapback]193114[/snapback][/right]
I browse the classified ads on FF, FJ and others. I picked up a set of used UDP for C$50 shipped, a 4-2-1 header for C$180 shipped, a 2000 intake locally for $80. My opinion: if you have the Zetec, shop around for a 2000 intake manifold. Ported 2000 intakes are IMHO the best bang for the buck. Lots of people can help you with the porting instructions as long as you can access a Dremel and $5 for JB Weld. Unless you buy on e-Bay from a private individual, stay away from the cheap-ass junk including all "chips" and resistors that mess with the IAT sensor.
Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for all the ideas and the help, just wanted to see others comments on this product.

Again Thanks for all the comments.