Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Company Car
Yet to get the details but I get to pick the make/model and believe taxes in it must be <$35,000.

Fire away with any suggestions?

The plan would be to keep the WRX and ditch the Focus and NO the value of the Focus can't be put against the company car to increase the limit.

ONLY for those of you who actually know my Focus what should I list it for? Its about ~110,000km and I'd put the stock wheels on and sell the 17" OZ Superlegerras separately. What would you suggest for the OZ wheels with new Falken rubber?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
guessing it has to be brand new?

WRX265 :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yes has to be new.

More than happy with the current WRX and I get in enough tickets as is. Since I'd be keeping it I would be thinking of something OTHER than a hatchback and the company pays gas. Other people in my salary range have Jetta, Escape, Mitsu Spyder as company cars if that helps.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Why not try a Fusion on for size? ;)

No seriously, a 3.0 SEL V6 can certainly be had for less than $35K all in (I'm not sure but I think an AWD Sport with the 3.5L will be a close shave but possibly doable right now with the deals being offered)

NefCanuck
turbo forester :D :D

mazda speed 3 263hp

hyundai genesis 2.0 210hp

hyundai genesis 3.8 306hp

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
You can get a Lincoln MKZ for $30k right now.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
2009 Stang GT
Chrysler 300
Mitsu Eclipse
Mazda CX7 Turbo
Nissan Maxima
Mitsubishi Lancer
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
No Fords except maybe Mustang GT, the rest are just ugly as far as I am concerned; I just cant get passed the 3 bar grill and don't need four doors.

I was actually checking out the Altima Coupe with V6 online and am liking it. Short list for sure.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Altima Coupes with V6 and 6 speeds are nice.
'03 Focus SVT
Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I'll say this about the Altima coupe, if you don't mind having a tiny rear window, with a massive blind spot then yeah its alright I guess. I don't know what it is about Nissan's newer products but I can say they have really started making the rear windows very small.

the GTI Golf, base model is under $30k, good car and if your company is leasing it, as if there are any problems with it it will be gone when the lease is up.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I was toying with the idea of a GTI actually, though a sedan I was also thinking diesel Jetta/Passat since I road trip so much. (I believe I am on the hook for my own gas when vacationing)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
meford4u,Jul 31 2009, 03:46 PM Wrote:You can get a Lincoln MKZ for $30k right now.
[right][snapback]292009[/snapback][/right]
Yeah I was thinking MKZ too. (Posted before I read your aversion to 4-doors)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I'll look at the Lincoln; sounds "pimp" afterall :lol:

Plus it gets me passed the Ford grill issue!
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
With regards to the Lincoln I just can't do it; SO square and the way I might like it is way over the threshold.

To make you all feel better I like the V-6 Mustang over the Altima now: V-6 with "Pony package", glass roof and HID's in blue. Plus I read a review of the Altima that said the weight was 70%F/30%R or something ridiculous like that so I'd probably wreck it the first on ramp I took.

It'd be nice to drive a RWD car again too, I miss my 1977 Plymouth Fury (klassic!). It's already the case with the Focus so I am used to my "winter beater" (WRX) kicking the summer car's ass anyway plus I'll always agree with darkpuppet about the V6.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I like the FJ cruiser, they drive very nice and they are great off-road.
They have a love it or hate body style though.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
chrystler 300 c

ford exscape?

a lexis sedan or a acura cl or something from acura in that price range? or how about a ford edge?

My other ride is your Mom
2001 ZTS,Jul 31 2009, 03:23 PM Wrote:Yet to get the details but I get to pick the make/model and believe taxes in it must be <$35,000.

Fire away with any suggestions?

The plan would be to keep the WRX and ditch the Focus and NO the value of the Focus can't be put against the company car to increase the limit.

ONLY for those of you who actually know my Focus what should I list it for? Its about ~110,000km and I'd put the stock wheels on and sell the 17" OZ Superlegerras separately. What would you suggest for the OZ wheels with new Falken rubber?
[right][snapback]292003[/snapback][/right]

Do you pay for your own fuel, or does the company take care of that too? *EDIT: n/m - I see you don't except perhaps on vacation ...

What about a BMW 128i coupe?

Also: is your car auto or standard? I'm in the market for a 5-speed.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
get 2010 Golf GTI(TDI), you get the new 2.0L or the Smaller VW SUV that is going to be TDI.

or as others have said, just get 09's (any car, not just VW) but since they are getting rid of most you can get some great prices on those.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

you can have a lot of fun with the mustangs... not sure about the '10 styling, but the chicks seem to dig my car -- and that's with an ugly dude in the driver's seat. -- granted they're not exactly great performers when it comes to onramps, but sticky tires keep things predictable.

Other than that, the Altima is a nice looking car too, but I think you could do well with a hyundai genesis or maybe even a lancer.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!