Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tranny Fluid
Every year when it starts to get cold out my 2001 ZX3 S2 becomes very hard to shift. Sense this is my first manual transmission car I thought this was normal until I drove my friends 2002 ZX3 same engine and tranny as mine. His car shift’s much better than mine when it got cold out. I began to do a little research and the only difference I could find between the 2 cars (other than mileage 29000km on mine and 24000km on his) was that Ford started to use a different tranny fluid in 2002. Ford wants $35 per liter for this stuff, has anyone tried anything cheaper that works well in the cold. Thanks
I used to use that stuff....but I still had some tranny issues anyway...so I just started using merconV because it is cheap, I havnt had any issues with my tranny since I started using it.
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
i heard from a member from focaljet that he was using the GM Syncomesh, and supposedly it's one of the best stuff you can use! maybe you can try that out, i actually bought 3 bottles and it only cost me around $40 but i didn't put it in yet cause i didn't have time to go do the tranny oil change yet! but when i do i'll go and post my results!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manual Tranny Fluid brucktown 7 2,517 05-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Last Post: nass
  Focus Manual Tranny Fluid PHAT_ZX3 2 1,646 06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING