Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Just Vetoed France As A Vacation Destination
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/08...e.ap/index.html

So basically, you're not allowed to record random violence. Footage that could otherwise convict a criminal will now land YOU in jail, potentially for up to 5 years.

Quick, check for Christmas Cards from Poppa Putin. :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Wow, I do free lance journalisum and some times need a press pass that's cool... but now if I goto france do I need one for the entire country?
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
meh, wasnt going there anytime soon anyways.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 8 2007, 10:06 AM Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/03/08...e.ap/index.html

So basically, you're not allowed to record random violence. Footage that could otherwise convict a criminal will now land YOU in jail, potentially for up to 5 years.

Quick, check for Christmas Cards from Poppa Putin. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]229335[/snapback][/right]

Not at all ... your use of the word "random" is opposite to what I read in the article.

According to the article there are two associated things that have to be in place for you to be subject to being punished ... you have to "knowingly" film it - which means with knowledge of forethought - in other words you knew in advance it the violence was going to happen and you planned in advance to film it. And the other element is the posting to the web.

If you accidentally caught something on tape that you didn't know in advance was going to happen (ie: Rodney King beating) and you gave that tape to the police to help catch a criminal, I can't see how you would be jailed based on the description of the law that I read.

BTW - I'm not defending the law, but just trying to add a little perspective that CNN missed.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
But if it was a street brawl, you caught it as you wandered by and then uploaded a copy for whatever reason... the onus is on you to prove you didn't plan to be there beforehand.

That's a little "guilty until proven innoncent" in my eyes.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
yeah but France has weird laws and Bi-laws different from here by far, like a morgage includes a fitness check up as well as a health check, but things like smoking are not factored into poor health.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.