Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking Bout Selling The Focus
i think you guys are completely missing the point of dsms

i don't think anyone has the idea they are the most reliable machines on the planet.. they launch hard and can make big power relatively cheap..

I'll give you 10 bucks for your foci
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I'm considering the 2006 but then again it comes with a 5 year 100000km bumper to bumper, plus anything will be more reliable then my car.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
msrp for that new v6 eclipse is like almost 24k usd.. at that price point i think a slightly used evo viii or saving up a teeny bit more for a new evo viii is the way to go

why go half ass and get a fwd coupe when the real deal is within reach
Fingers,Jul 25 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 25 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Not that the Focus is the best car in the world, but going from the Focus to a Mitsu is a step down IMO.  That car company has a lot to learn in terms of quality of product they sell.  They are not the safest automoblie maker in the world either.  I would never recommend a Mitsu to anyone.  As far as the price goes, check autotrader.ca
[right][snapback]125112[/snapback][/right]

I truly wish people would stop talking out of their ass on this site. It's unbelievable how much misinformation there is here. Have you ever owned a Mitsubishi? Or are you going by what every other internet parrot says?

I've owned two turbo talons -- 1G, and 2G, and a mitsubishi galant. I like to think I'm qualified enough to give an opinion. Any modified car will have reliability problems if its not done right, and beaten to s**t -- which unfortunately -- most DSMs are.

Stock for stock, the mitsubishi will win over the focus in EVERY SINGLE QUALITY -- reliability, fit and finish, performance, resale value, handling, features, aftermarket support, all except interior appearance -- i think the Focus takes that hands down.

If you have a chance to get a CLEAN UNMODIFIED UNMOLESTED eclipse -- I STRONGLY recommend jumping on the deal because there are very few left that are in desirable condition.
[right][snapback]125145[/snapback][/right]

well how bout you ship one of those down here.

personally I have quite a few buddies with DSM and there all parked right now getting repaired.

Big Cat, He is a member on here and owns a DSM. He will tell you how it is. We want him to bring the car down to the track but he even tells us. The car wont even make it there. Last problem was his seat belt went. I think its back out now. He just set the boost up to 10lbs, added 3" Apexi exhaust.

I love that car. The more reading I do on DSM the more I like them. I been looking at a 98 Talon but the guy is asking to much.
naz,Jul 26 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:msrp for that new v6 eclipse is like almost 24k usd..  at that price point i think a slightly used evo viii or saving up a teeny bit more for a new evo viii is the way to go

[right][snapback]125599[/snapback][/right]

#1 I live in canada not the us therefore if I could buy the evo 8 I would look into it.
#2 I'm looking at the gs model since it is for my girlfriend, I have a work truck , and will be purchasing a car from the 40-60's next summer
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
well either way when the focus is done Im going to look into a evo. Boohoo insurance...
I doubt SGI would even give a s**t. Did they give a crap about my euro rear or cut up front to fit the front end... Nope. They couldnt even tell the difference.

You could easily drive one over into Sask. Keep you reciept pay the $100 for a appraisal. Dont drive like a retard and you well never have to worry about going for an inspection.

Some times living in Sask isnt as bad a I think lol.
SGI can lick my nut sack. I went to get my car inspected and they told me i have to take off my wing (obstructs veiw), take of my tint said it was aftermarket (has a ford logo on it), new tires (yeah right <_< ) and new brake pads and a battery which i beleive. The they tell me i gotta change out my head lights becuase they are aftermarket...blue lights arnt allowed.

Ill probly sell the thing before they approve my car.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
My Question is more or less about this car your looking into the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX turbo.

Mitsubishi has only been selling their cars in Canada legally since 2002, and any sold Mitsubishi before that year are all big trucks under their " fuso " line up. I'd really look into that cars history with a fine tooth comb.

If the car is in Kms and not Miles, what guarentee do you have that the car is not stolen from the U.S. or Mexico? or had it's odmeter played with doing the switch over ? or what not, most countries including Cananda do not do forgien VIN checks before they register the car, nore do they look into the paper work with a fine tooth comb, you'd be suprised how easy it really is to fake ownership papers in the states.

I've personally only seen two Mitsubishi's Imported to Canada and they were Euro / Japanese configuration one was RHD.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The 2006 Eclipse has a 264HP MIVEC V6... good thing.

It has almost 3500 lbs to haul around... bad thing.

Get an older Eclipse, swap the turbo and give it a good FMIC, retune the prick... and be fast as opposed to flashy and trendy.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Blackzx3,Jul 27 2005, 03:58 AM Wrote:
naz,Jul 26 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:msrp for that new v6 eclipse is like almost 24k usd..  at that price point i think a slightly used evo viii or saving up a teeny bit more for a new evo viii is the way to go

[right][snapback]125599[/snapback][/right]

#1 I live in canada not the us therefore if I could buy the evo 8 I would look into it.
#2 I'm looking at the gs model since it is for my girlfriend, I have a work truck , and will be purchasing a car from the 40-60's next summer
[right][snapback]125626[/snapback][/right]

gs model 162hp/32xx lbs ? eek. plus its a brand new car.. double eek.

how about a tC instead?
Turbo your focus.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
FociPhil,Jul 27 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:SGI can lick my nut sack. I went to get my car inspected and they told me i have to take off my wing (obstructs veiw), take of my tint said it was aftermarket (has a ford logo on it), new tires (yeah right <_< ) and new brake pads and a battery which i beleive. The they tell me i gotta change out my head lights becuase they are aftermarket...blue lights arnt allowed.

Ill probly sell the thing before they approve my car.
[right][snapback]125789[/snapback][/right]

with SGI if you ever have to go for inspection. Do what they say. As soon as they pass you put it all back on.

Make sure to stuff steel wool in your exhaust to shut it up then let it burn out right after. You could also goto a different SGI and they might be more pickier or less.

Guys in Saskatoon are always hit way harder for some reason. Why Regina is better. Are scene is alot bigger.

There going to be harder on you since the car came from out of province. Thats how they all are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking Of Selling Rims And Tires dabigmandan 8 7,846 01-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Last Post: SVT ZX3
  Thinking Of Selling PDW 1 1,085 02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Last Post: naz