Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery dieing
So for the past couple of days I've been almost pits rally pulling my hair out ...... Two days ago I went to leave for work and my car wouldn't start , there is power to the whole car but it just won't turn over (makes the clicking noise ) and tonight went to leave work and same thing.... So I played with the wires going to my coil and the lights starting flickering like crazy ... Went inside the car and that clicking noise that I heard when starting was going off like crazy ... So I going to start with the coil wires ... But any other suggestions ... Battery is brand new and the alternator was swapped a couple of months ago.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
(01-04-2013, 02:07 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: So for the past couple of days I've been almost pits rally pulling my hair out ...... Two days ago I went to leave for work and my car wouldn't start , there is power to the whole car but it just won't turn over (makes the clicking noise ) and tonight went to leave work and same thing.... So I played with the wires going to my coil and the lights starting flickering like crazy ... Went inside the car and that clicking noise that I heard when starting was going off like crazy ... So I going to start with the coil wires ... But any other suggestions ... Battery is brand new and the alternator was swapped a couple of months ago.

also check all your grounds
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yea Im thinking that the coil wires shouldn't have anything to do with it but the flickering of the lights kind of puzzles me . I will check the grounds also.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
Ok so I figured out my problem , which also was the solution to why only one of my headlights was working , turns out it was very simple . I check my connections cleaned them up and found a new pair of connector bolts. Car know has more power upon starting and is almost like a whole different car when driving. I also gave the battery a really good charge and it was only at 40 percent went I first put it on. It's crazy how simple the issue was.
2002 SVT Focus