Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Launches Iphone
im kind of sick of contracts.....currently on my second one...i guess its gonna be like $700 at least with out one
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I bet ya bell wont have it, we get the hand-me-downs.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
NefCanuck,Jan 10 2007, 11:35 AM Wrote:Hell Sony dropped out of the PDA market altogether and I can't even get a replacement battery for this thing now, at least from Sony anyways :blink:
[right][snapback]222841[/snapback][/right]
Well,

Sony might've dropped out, but not Sony Ericsson: Sony Ericsson P910i

I have one of these, it's a pretty nice machine. I'm amazed none of the Canadian providers ever picked up on this one. It almost meets all of darkpuppet's requirements. The only deficiency is the camera: it sucks.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
Anyone hear the report on CBC today talking about the ipod, the iphone, and all the other apple products built around the principle of "planned obsolescene". They likened apple to GM in the 30's designing products that will only physically last for a predetermined amount of time, and are then prone to failure with no means for repair. Crazy to think we live in a world where people are now willing to dispose of $300 ++ dollar pieces of tech, just because a newer cooler one is out. Strange...

And Im not trashing anyone, cuz im right along there with them. Im a complete tech consumer. :(
I Vtec
imack,Jan 11 2007, 10:36 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 10 2007, 11:35 AM Wrote:Hell Sony dropped out of the PDA market altogether and I can't even get a replacement battery for this thing now, at least from Sony anyways :blink:
[right][snapback]222841[/snapback][/right]
Well,

Sony might've dropped out, but not Sony Ericsson: Sony Ericsson P910i

I have one of these, it's a pretty nice machine. I'm amazed none of the Canadian providers ever picked up on this one. It almost meets all of darkpuppet's requirements. The only deficiency is the camera: it sucks.
[right][snapback]223028[/snapback][/right]
that phone was carried by fido up untill a year ago.
I'm pretty sure dark puppet would have a need for gsm 850, so the lack of that band on that phone may not be a wise choice. I'll wait for the P990 to be picked up by either fido or rogers
My other ride is your Mom
lordkingod,Jan 11 2007, 11:05 PM Wrote:Anyone hear the report on CBC today talking about the ipod, the iphone, and all the other apple products built around the principle of "planned obsolescene". They likened apple to GM in the 30's designing products that will only physically last for a predetermined amount of time, and are then prone to failure with no means for repair.  Crazy to think we live in a world where people are now willing to dispose of $300 ++ dollar  pieces of tech, just because a newer cooler one is out.  Strange...

And Im not trashing anyone, cuz im right along there with them. Im a complete tech consumer. :(
[right][snapback]223030[/snapback][/right]

Welcome to our disposable society!
ANTHONYD,Jan 12 2007, 11:56 AM Wrote:
lordkingod,Jan 11 2007, 11:05 PM Wrote:Anyone hear the report on CBC today talking about the ipod, the iphone, and all the other apple products built around the principle of "planned obsolescene". They likened apple to GM in the 30's designing products that will only physically last for a predetermined amount of time, and are then prone to failure with no means for repair.  Crazy to think we live in a world where people are now willing to dispose of $300 ++ dollar  pieces of tech, just because a newer cooler one is out.  Strange...

[right][snapback]223030[/snapback][/right]

Welcome to our disposable society!
[right][snapback]223069[/snapback][/right]

People don't realize that "lithium ion battery" is short for, "good for 1,000 uses". That's why I skipped the nano and got something with a little less space, and 5 times the battery life.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

btw...

was looking over the specs a bit... this thing isn't really a phone ..much more akin to an ultra portable network-attached computer.

Like what IBM was pushing years 7-8 ago.. much better executed tho...

darkpuppet,Jan 12 2007, 03:37 PM Wrote:btw...

was looking over the specs a bit... this thing isn't really a phone ..much more akin to an ultra portable network-attached computer.

Like what IBM was pushing years 7-8 ago.. much better executed tho...
[right][snapback]223101[/snapback][/right]

i really like the fact that it is wifi enabled, especially with the amount of hot spots popping up everywhere. it sure is a helluva lot cheaper that using cell network based web browsing.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
R.I.P Microsoft Zune (2006-2006)

it looks kinda cool, and after the initial 'I want that', I really don't want it now. And after I hear that its going to be GSM only phone and the contracts in the US are going to be like $500 to 600 for an 8GB model with a 3 year contract, it doesn't appeal to me anymore. Especially after my iPod battery only lasted 18months, so how long is the iPhone's battery going to last.
'03 Focus SVT
They're getting sued by Cisco... sucks to be Apple.

http://blogs.cisco.com/news/2007/01/update...one_tradem.html

Sure, it's a one-sided post... but coming from Cisco's general counsel, I don't think it's BS.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^^^ I loled so hard when I heard that on the news. What was apple thinking?! did it just slip their mind that someone else owned the trademark? Did they think no one would notice?

Oh well.

So... does anyone still make just a phone? cuz my just a phone cellphone from forever ago gets better reception than my brother and sisters brand new fancypants cellphones.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=236

Seems Cisco may not hold the trademark afterall.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero