Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Sound When Shifting ....
G1rlZX3dRiVeR,Sep 20 2006, 03:33 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Sep 20 2006, 11:05 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 20 2006, 02:57 PM Wrote:
G1rlZX3dRiVeR,Sep 20 2006, 02:49 PM Wrote:Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww .....  thats expensive !!!!!!  :yikes:
[right][snapback]207805[/snapback][/right]

Tranny work is always exphensive and time consuming. I know it isn't my favorite thing to do on our cars. Chaging trannies while your on your back on a cement floor sucks balls. Big fawkin balls.
[right][snapback]207808[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I remember when a bolt broke (fell inside) and i had to have the transmission taken out.. since i had to do it anyway, I changed my clutch at the same time.. cost me oh.. around 1300$ .. :o

So if you plan on changing anything in the transmission for aftermarket for example.. you should do all of it at the same time even though itll cost you an arm.. its cheaper than having the tranny taking out a second time..
[right][snapback]207810[/snapback][/right]

1300$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geez !! Well the noise isn't making my car run bad or anything ..its just not a normal sound ... :unsure: but i'll check it out at ford ...
[right][snapback]207815[/snapback][/right]

Just wondering though.. when you press the clutch, does it go away? if not than its not the same vibration thats typical of most focus' ..
ZX3T gone..
A quick way to check if it is gear roll over noise is to do what Bering said....just push in the clutch, if it goes away, its gear roll over noise...supposbly common on the focus tranny, and nothing to worry about.

Mine was VERY loud unil I had the bearings replaced. Yesterday I noticed the sound is back but not as bad as before.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird Clunking Sound.. taiyeungjai 4 1,702 09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Last Post: taiyeungjai