Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Irony....why Does This Anger Me?
NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:Ken, I'm personally quite happy (as inconsequential as that may be) that you're that involved in your kids' health.
I appreciate that you mention it.

NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:While their ad campaign is a great start towards promoting a true "healthy living" lifestyle, they have a long way to go to clean themselves up and appear proactive about health.
It is a good start and maybe it will generate a little momentum away from the dark side.

NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:Remember, Subway did wonders for themselves with that Jared guy's diet. Others attempted to draw themselves up as a parallel... that's a good thing.
Not sure I agree with this … as Steve sort of pointed out, that campaign wasn’t really about healthy eating, it was about appealing to an overweight demographic looking for the silver bullet (I don’t mean the beer). But at least it did shine a spotlight on the need for action … even if for all the wrong reasons.

NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:But when the fattiest foods with the most sodium and cholesterol are the cheapest, the weak-willed will always make the worst choices.
You’re undoubtedly right here, but are the McD’s of the world artificially making them cheaper, or is that a function of that type of food’s base costs and cost of transportation, prep and handling etc? In any event, I agree with you but I’m not sure that the fast food industry can just pull a solution out of their hat.

NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:…I'm saying that there ought to be a warning threshold [for] the fat content of the food … nutritional content label to the FRONT of packaging … fast food joints should have to display their contents on a placard next to the cash registers … they ought to make enough information publicly-available at the point of sale for the general public to make an informed decision.[right][snapback]187574[/snapback][/right]
I agree with you on all points. More education is needed and there’s no reason why the industry can’t be major participants in that effort.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
The Irony....why Does This Anger Me? - naz - 05-14-2006, 05:51 AM
The Irony....why Does This Anger Me? - ZTWsquared - 05-16-2006, 09:10 AM