Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit?
1turbofocus,Feb 2 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:Jay, There is abig differance between buying the sheep or low cost parts to put a DIY kit togather and something that you want your name on and going to try to make a profit on

You will find that you cannot do a kit stand behind it and sell it for any profit for the cost you stated above and if you can it will be pure junk, used or low ball parts that wont stand the heat of time

I have been doing this for a long time build 1000`s of turbo kit from 200HP to 2000 HP there is cheap ways to do it and proper ways to do it , look at gude do i need to say anymore

Tom
[right][snapback]82939[/snapback][/right]

allI am asaying is the hardware costs ~$2500 the rest is markup when we are talking about a HARDWARE kit non intercooled. there is nothing crazy about this, you don't need to be a Engineer to figure out a turbo setup.

i built a kit for the GF's Prelude using all BRAND NEW top of the line parts, I do know what I am talking about..and again, this is using consumers pricing. I know that as a business and buying multiple turbo's and wastegates/bov's etc. you get shop pricing so you're already making money on marking up the cost of the hardware.

Anyways, that's the one thing I hate about the shops that sell focus parts, they think they are super Elite, in the Honda world at least, everything is normal, even if a shops kit is WAY above another it's still not ultra exlensive "just because they can" but hey..it don't matter for me anyways, I'm not one to be taken to the cleaners just because I want to turbo my car.

I don't think I need to keep discusing this, I'll let you guys at it. :ph34r:

Messages In This Thread
Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit? - Jays2000ZX3 - 02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-08-2005, 04:15 PM