FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Owners - How Many Interested In A Turbo Kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just as the title states, how many are interested in a turbo kit for the SVT Focus???

What kinda boost would you want to run (we could offer a stage 1 and 2 kit)??

Would you want the kit complete (maf, injectors, tune)?

How much would you pay for a stage 1 kit, stage 2 kit????

If the interest is high enough, we will work something out to make it as affordable as possible
<_< well i'm in the middle of working out a price for a custom turbo, so you would have to give me a price before i would say yes. B)

i would also need to about warranty. like what it covers and doesn't cover. does it come in chrome or not . what color is the rubber joints. what kind of numbers are we to see (torque and horsepower)and at what psi would i see them.
No aftermarket parts come with warranty, unless supplied by the manufacturer of the turbo, etc. We will not, and can't offer a warranty

13psi would be around 270whp/260wt

This kit at 17psi would be good for a mid 12 at 110+ on a street tire. We can make it any color you want for extra and same for the rubber joints.

Black Piping with Blac Rubber Joints, but that can always change...it is very easy.

$7400 without tune, maf and injectors????
I'm just trying to figure it out...piecing together a kit is not hard at all and doesn't cost much money.

Now i know your "R&D money" has to be taken into account here an maybe I just don't understand the business side of things..

but for that price i would expect to drop my car off, get a rental while you are working on it, get the car back X days later with a FULLY tuned/installed turbo setup.

It's not like it's rocket science as far as the hardware goes, the pipes will only go 1 way that makes sense, a manifold is a manifold, you have a turbo with some oil lines etc. etc. all standard stuff.

not trying to diss or big you down..just trying to understand that price. :o :o
I do not beleive that you could sell any kit past 4500$ canadian, 17 psi....lol common meister, those are zetec buddy... wanna have a rod coated ceiling at the shop......... :rolleyes:

01-yellow-ZX3

Wow, for the same price as the average used ZX3 I hope you can get it in any colour you want! :huh:
maybe the 7400 hundred includes internals..... :D
He asked for a price so I spit something out....this post is to generate interest.

Getting a feel if it is worth looking into is the first step...not pricing info.

We can do an entry level, non intercooled 10psi setup for like 4500, lol.
-Turbo(I assume internal wastegate) $800
-BOV $250
-Manifold $800 (Better be a KICKASS ONE at that price)
-Oil lines $150
-Raw piping $100
-BOV and turbo outlet flanges $50
-Silicone couplers $50
-T bolt clamps (For that price..they better be T-bolt clamps) $50

Total:$2250

And that's over shooting some of the parts..and knowing that's what I pay for them as a consumer.

so what....$2250 per kit you are charging for labour/R&D

Hmm...no..that doesn't make sense.

And if you are trying to generate interest in a kit..it's in YOUR best interest to give a general idea of price...if 10 people say they would buy a kit and you make one and charge these ridiculous amounts you will have 0 sales.

This ain't a mustang. :o
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 2 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:-Turbo(I assume internal wastegate) $800
-BOV $250
-Oil lines $150
-Raw piping $100
-Silicone couplers $50

And that's over shooting some of the parts..and knowing that's what I pay for them as a consumer.

And if you are trying to generate interest in a kit..it's in YOUR best interest to give a general idea of price...if 10 people say they would buy a kit and you make one and charge these ridiculous amounts you will have 0 sales.

[right][snapback]82689[/snapback][/right]

You also need
-Injectors ($200-$300)
-Maf ($50-$300)
-Tuning ($50-$1200)'
-Intercooler ($60-$500)
Im not an SVT owner, but I think they'd be happy to see somehting in the 5K range. Intercooled.

I would have been happy to see somehting in the 5k range. :huh:
Flofocus,Feb 2 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 2 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:-Turbo(I assume internal wastegate) $800
-BOV $250
-Oil lines $150
-Raw piping $100
-Silicone couplers $50

[right][snapback]82689[/snapback][/right]

You also need
-Injectors ($200-$300)
-Maf ($50-$300)
-Tuning ($50-$1200)'
-Intercooler ($60-$500)
[right][snapback]82691[/snapback][/right]

IDIOT!!!!!!! :o

He said a non-intercooled kit for $4500 and with his above $7400 full kit un tunned, I figured the $4500 was untunned non intercooler.

So my reasoning is right. :P
Im just adding costs that your gonna have to add anyways. Untuned, non-intercooled...whatever,....your still gonna need those things I listed. (maybe not the intercooler)

No need to call me an idiot, douche bag. :P

If you're in Canada, and you're looking for a fully tuned kit from a shop, don't expect to spend any less than $5500

if you want cheap boost, get a JRSC.
Here's what a turbo kit should look like:

Stage 2GT AC (480 hp)

Stage 2GT AC Turbo Kit is designed for the street/strip racer who is looking for instant spool. This kit is intended for semi-built engines, and can produce up to 480whp, while still retaining exceptional spool charactersitics and A/C. If Road Racing, Autocross, or any driving where throttle response and spool need to be instant, this kit is it.

Includes:
-Full-Race T3 ProStreet Manifold
-Full-Race 3" 4-bolt Downpipe
-Full-Race Intercooler 22"x8"x3"
-Full-Race GT3037 Ball Bearing Turbo
-Tial 44mm Wastegate
-Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
-Full-Race Custom 2.5" Aluminum Intercooler Piping
-Full-Race Oil Line Kit
-Full-Race Vacuum Line Kit
-Full-Race Hardware Kit
-Full-Race Gasket Kit
-Full-Race Silicon Coupler Kit
-Full-Race Hose Clamp Kit

http://full-race.com/store/images/stage2turbokit.jpg

$4999US which is ~$6000

And this is for and AMAZING, proven turbo kit with the best quality parts and especially that turbo manifold.

This is also on the high end of the scale because Full Race makes quality product and has been around and has proven themselves with EXTREMELY fast Honda's.

For Steeda to put something together that's ~1500$ more then this...no way in hell can it be justified.
Or this one:
Stage 1 (450 hp)

Stage 1 Turbo Kit is designed for the entry level racer who has no intentions of heavily building their motor. Stage 1 gives great throttle response but does not have the top end pull that is found on a larger sized turbocharger. The stage 1 kit uses a 57 trim turbo for B18B1 and B16A1 engines or a 60 trim on B18C1 and B18C5 engines.

Includes:
-Full-Race T3 ProStreet Manifold
-Full-Race 3" 4-bolt Downpipe
-Full-Race Intercooler 22"x8"x3"
-Full-Race T3/T04E Turbo
-Tial 38mm Wastegate
-Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
-Full-Race Custom 2.5" Aluminum Intercooler Piping
-Full-Race Oil Line Kit
-Full-Race Vacuum Line Kit
-Full-Race Hardware Kit
-Full-Race Gasket Kit
-Full-Race Silicon Coupler Kit
-Full-Race Hose Clamp Kit

$3499US which is $4260

And you can compare to a Honda kit because it's the SAME PARTS. Engine bay has the same configuration etc.
What does their 'hardware' kit include (does it include tuning)?

I can still point out stuff missing that boosted foci will need to be safe. Which will bring you over the 5K mark.

IE; Tuning. Thats a MINIMUM of $500.00. $1000 if you want full (somwhat)control.
Geez.

We are talking about a HARDWARE KIT HERE.

Steeda is talking about realeasing a HARDWARE ONLY TURBO KIT.

We all know we need Tunning, the Focus needs it, Honda's need it.

He said $7400 for hardware only for intercooled kit untunned
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 2 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:Geez.

We are talking about a HARDWARE KIT HERE.

Steeda is talking about realeasing a HARDWARE ONLY TURBO KIT.

We all know we need Tunning, the Focus needs it, Honda's need it.

He said $7400 for hardware only for intercooled kit untunned
[right][snapback]82722[/snapback][/right]

You reading the same thread. He clearly mentions, full kit.

Quote:Just as the title states, how many are interested in a turbo kit for the SVT Focus???

What kinda boost would you want to run (we could offer a stage 1 and 2 kit)??

Would you want the kit complete (maf, injectors, tune)?

How much would you pay for a stage 1 kit, stage 2 kit????

Most people here obviously want a full kit, not something they dam around for for weeks trying to find parts that fit.

Im being realistic here, jeez :rolleyes: and tuning was just 1 example of missing stuff. :rolleyes:

Bitchy mood today? :lol:

I completely agree with you jay tho, his $7400 price without tuning, injectors, maf is insane. Like crack smoker insane. :blink:
Flofocus,Feb 2 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:...I completely agree with you jay...
[right][snapback]82723[/snapback][/right]

It's about time!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6