Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help from the computer geeks.
to be honest, you can usually get the better deals through the big box stores...

my pick would be this HP G-Series with i3 dual core @2.4Ghz with 4GB of RAM and a 320GB HDD at futureshop.

Play your cards right, you could probably get another hundred off it, and if you had to buy any other accessories over $100 or so, you could probably get an extended 4 year warranty thrown in for free (once all the price adjustments come in).

I think this machine is a good balance of performance to price. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little on the build materials, but most folks wouldn't care for a budget machine with enough power to do hidef video editing.

Not that there's anything wrong with Asus, or Dell, or even Gateway (your results will vary depending on your budget).

If you can talk the dealer down a hundred bucks or so, you can get an external 2.5" 500GB drive for about $80-$90 (check tigerdirect.ca and pcvonline.com) to throw your videos on. Don't get a 3.5" drive since it needs external power cords, and gets pretty clunky.

you should be able to throw everything up on the same network no problem. With windows 7, you can share media across the network out of the box... it's pretty easy to set up.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help from the computer geeks. - darkpuppet - 01-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for the computer geeks. Focus man. Focus. 14 6,501 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Last Post: j3rt
  For All You Computer Geeks.... ANTHONYD 5 1,974 01-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet
  Computer Geeks Little Help Please. Euro Ford Fan 9 4,208 03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Last Post: darkpuppet