Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me?
I use to road rally my corrolla wiht deep dish BBS wheels and a 10 mill streach.....this setup gave the car a much quicker turn in and the ability to get oversteer on command....

Having said that, all the same judgment calls have to be made when setting this up....A really low propfile tire ...say a 40 series prolly should not be streached at all ...we used 50 series and experimented up to a 15 mil. stretch.....never once did it cause any danger to myself or anyone else for that matter....the original purpose for tire streching was to give yet another posibility of how to cheaply and quickly change the handling characteristics of your car....Yuo have to remember when this originally started there was not the massive amounts of suspension and handling equipment available through the after market . We made use of as many of these little tricks as possible....and yes tire streaching had a very important place in amatuer racing.....Now we just change the hiegth and damping rates of our adjustable coilovers....turn in the adjustable sway bar and .......turn in and oversteer are there on command....

truthfully....I think it is cool on a tire with a bigger side wall....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges

Messages In This Thread
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 03-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 03-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me? - dad - 03-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 03-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 03-19-2005, 11:02 AM