Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few new parts, possible build thread?
So my focus just recently turned a year old for being in my owner ship and I feel she deserves a thread? possibly make it into a build thread with what I have going on haha.

So when I first got her all I could think of parts so naturally I went straight to an intake. I bought it from High Speed Performance in Pickering. Its a WPN-R Short Ram Intake system. It does the job.

After that I went to a shop to get an exhaust bent, I asked for a 2" straight back with a cherry bomb in the middle. After getting ripped off for price and not getting the size tubing I wanted this is what I ended up with.

Notice on the last picture its not even out where it should be? Won't ever go to Ajax Muffler again

along with that I ordered an ebay, upper front strut bar, I have a feeling its mainly for looks because its pretty flimsy, I can push down on it and it'll bend with my hand.

After this all happened I got more into the Focus meet scene. Didn't feel right going out with a bone stock focus for my first meet haha, after I went I found out everyone was a great group of people and I shouldn't have cared. So when I was there I ended up buying a Pacesetter Short header for Zetec from I believe FocusmanFocus, when I got these, before I installed I got some DEI Exhaust wrap, and wrapped the header, that plastic coolant line infront and the one line above the header.

after this, I found out about Plasti-dip 0.o haha had fun but only one plasti-dip mod stayed, I started off trying to do my rims and that just was a disaster, I also tried to do some time of a mudflap out of flexible cutting boards. (if you try this STAY AWAY from big chunks that your wheels will throw up haha, it shreds them)

this is a repost of a pic but oh well, these are the mud flaps I was talking about

All this was fine and all but just didn't feel right sitting in the car...so you know whats next Wink haha SPARCO! Loved the seat, it was a reclineable red Sparco R100 driver seat, which I purchased from High Speed Performance in Pickering as well and I ordered the Sparco seat base from Tool Tyme in Whitby. This as after Sparco took 5 months to ship one I originally ordered.

This is the seat which I sold to 2muchDUB4U then he bought the sister seat from the same store

this is jumping ahead a bit but before I sold that seat I already had a new pair lined up for driver passenger. Its a set of Sparco Sprint JRs that I bought used off kijiji yes they are a fixed back bucket. They are one of sparcos cheapest competition seat.

Yes the passenger seat does sit lower, I didn't feel like spending any more money with just being laid off so I decided to use some of the spare metal I had around to make a bracket for the passenger!

After all this I was on the Shannonville race track site and found out about an open track day! to my excitement I got the dates messed up, I went out on a sunday when the track day was on the Monday. BUT just my luck, there was a club out there that had rented the track for the night..little bit of talking and such I got onto the track. It was a great time, met new people... got passed by and evo8 and 240sx haha oh well.

After the first time tracking the car you find out what you need... So I bought an FSwerks rear stress bar. I absolutely love it one of my best investments. (sorry no pics) ordered with those was a set of their Spark plug wires, I matched those with a set of E3 plugs which I would recommend.. love them runs well

After all this I drove the car up to pretty much owen sound for the summer, I was up there because I'm a reservist and had to do some training, and couldn't stand being on base for weekends for the next 10 weekend. So I put on a few KM then came home to the FocusCanada, DaSilva Dyno day, where I put down better numbers than I was expecting with these mods
120 hp
119tq

then after this the car sat idle some more then in November or end of January I believe I bought an ST rear brake conversion from 05BlackZX5

ah one thing, before the buying of the brake system, at the dyno day I bought ZTWsquared's hood at the dyno day, which I have done some cutting and weight shedding, this will be my summer hood once i'm done and got it either painted or vinyl wrapped.

I also bought a new 2.25" stainless exhaust from a member here, theres no markings on the exhaust I remember the member saying he thought it was borla? who knows? I just know it sounds great

My girlfriend bought me some red poly mudflaps online for my birthday aswell, which went onto the car when I installed my winters

Somewhere in this mess I went to steeda and bought a STS which was for the 2002+, So i had to make another trip down there to buy the 2002-
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Messages In This Thread
Few new parts, possible build thread? - jtdanks - 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,597 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  wrc rally replica build thread konafocuswrc 710 513,254 04-07-2016, 01:03 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD