Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
Aka,Jul 5 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:yeah that's sorta how I look at my list too... lol

Mazda MX6 - why? what's wrong with it? I thought it was a decent car
Ford Probe - Never liked those 2.5's - I was hoping it'd be like a 3, but yeah, I dunno - the 2.5L V6 is a Mazda V6 and revs like melted butter over popcorn. A truly under-rated engine.
VW Golf/GTI - Expensive to repair - yeah... but I thought they lasted a while - the base engines are gutless, go turbo or V6 for anything worth enjoying. And you thought the Focus was gutless...
Chevy Cavalier - newer ones are cheap... decent for a commuter car - Yeah, cheap and easy to find, but I don't really like them - the 2.2L I4 is an abortion that has taken them 10+ years to ditch. The EcoTec isn't called EcoScrap for nothing, and the refined 2.4L Quad4 is about your only choice (ie Z24 / Stunfire GT)
Honda Civic Hatchback - Cheap parts - I'd get one, but I'd hate feeling like a ricer everytime I decided to add something to my car - rice is as rice does. The concept of originality went out the door 10 years ago when the fad really hit. If you're like me, originality > ease of finding parts.
Mazda MX3 (V6 if I can) - nobody should make a 1.8 v6 - ouch, I didn't know they were 1.8 V6s... - nothing wrong with a tiny V6 that rips to 7000+ and makes decent noise doing it. I guess small V12s are bad too? :rolleyes:
Saturn SC2 (low on the list) - great for anti-rust qualities, parts are sketchy, kinda low on power
VW Jetta - what year? - Not sure, mid 90s probably, I didn't like the look of the early 90s late 80s... my Dad had a TDI - mid-90s are your best bet, and go VR6
VW Corrado - G60? - I dunno, that's more or less all I saw on Autotrader, so I guess. Is that the supercharged one? - very swank, goes like snot, but go VR6 again if you can... top-end problems occured with the G60.
Nissan 240SX?ZX? - awesome for handling when modded right, they're the drift kings of Japan for a reason... but horribly low on power for their size and weight stock. SR20DETs bolt up nice, go figure :ph34r:

I can find stuff like, 1986 RX-7 with 5.7L V8 in them and stuff too lol... I've got a 1987 Ford Ranger with a 302V8 and A4OD trans. with a shift kit and B+M shifter you can have for $500, probably needs another $1500 in work, have bills to prove I've invested over $5000 in parts and upgrades to it.
[right][snapback]119418[/snapback][/right]
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate) - NOS2Go4Me - 07-09-2005, 04:21 AM