Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A Wrx
I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and finally got my chance today.

Took my car in for service, and they had a wonderful silver 2004 WRX on the lot. Chatted it up with the salesman, found out the couple traded it in for a Focus. :lol:

Had 40,000kms (a bit high for a 04), 5 spd, loaded except for the sunroof.

Immaculate condition, interior showed no wear whatsoever, hood had one tiny dent, rims had a few scratches, other than that absoultely MINT.

Took the car for a boot, and drove it pretty hard once I got used to the heavy clutch.

Super fun car to drive, but HORRID turbo lague and bottom end torque. I think something might have been wrong with the car to tell ya the truth, and had mad surging at around 5000 RPM, might have had something to do with the 0 bottom end power.

But once that car hits 4000 RPM its a monster, flies right up to 7000 RPM. Me likes! :D

Suspension is nice, a bit too much body roll though.

Trunk is huge for a car that size.

Very nice driver layout, wicked seats, nice gearing and tranny.

I went in there just wanting to drive the car for fun, but came outta the test drive actually wanting it a little bit.

They offered me a s**t load of money for my car, it blew me outta the water, but put a huge smile on my face. From the difference of my car as a trade in, the payments would be wayyyy less than my Focus payments were.

And get this - the WRX is only $80 a year more for insurance than a ZX3. :lol:

Overall - I loved this car, and would have taken it home if my car was still stock.

To you Subbie guys on here - any mods out there to increase that bottom end power? The Cobb Tuning Stage 1 Power, Suspension, and Tranny kits look mighty nice.

I think I will be trying a STI out next...

Messages In This Thread
Test Drove A Wrx - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 06-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Test Drove A Wrx - ANTHONYD - 06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Test Drove A Wrx - Bort - 06-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Test Drove A Wrx - scoobasteve - 06-17-2005, 03:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  test drove a couple 2011 mustangs.... darkpuppet 24 9,170 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky