Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus fly-by-wire any good?
(08-04-2014, 10:41 PM)hardk0re Wrote: I had a 07 Matrix for a short time with drive by wire, and it sucked. Just a lack of control over what you want the car to do vs what it actually did throttle wise. Really only an issue when driving aggressive, I did find a boosted SVT at that time so I dumped the matrix. Now I have a '12 VW GLI again drive by wire and its quite responsive, I don't have many complaints. I imagine the new ford system is going to be on par with this. But like Ken said, drive one to know for sure.

Good to know it's not just me and, yes, it mostly appears when driving aggressively. Our Tundra is an 08 and there is no feel to the pedal and it's jumpy, which probably accounts for all problems Toyota experienced around that time. Also driven recently an '11 Equinox and '13 Malibu, and they're not much better. Throttle response just isn't linear like it is with a cable on the throttle body. And what is going to happen when the potentiometer that the pedal is controlling starts getting dirty or worn?

Messages In This Thread
Focus fly-by-wire any good? - DadsToy - 08-04-2014, 05:23 AM
RE: Focus fly-by-wire any good? - hardk0re - 08-04-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Focus fly-by-wire any good? - DadsToy - 08-05-2014, 05:39 AM