Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obscure Songs...
ANTHONYD,Apr 10 2006, 08:54 AM Wrote:Coldplay was better BEFORE the office "rock" stations found them. Jack Johnson too. I enjoyed him much more when I was buing his albums on an indie label. Now he's just top 40 crap.
[right][snapback]180234[/snapback][/right]

I know! ... I bought the jack johnson CD figuring it would just be good... BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

there's a few internet radio stations that play indie labels and stuff... that's where I'm at now.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Apr 10 2006, 09:09 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 10 2006, 08:54 AM Wrote:Coldplay was better BEFORE the office "rock" stations found them. Jack Johnson too. I enjoyed him much more when I was buing his albums on an indie label. Now he's just top 40 crap.

I know! ... I bought the jack johnson CD figuring it would just be good... BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

there's a few internet radio stations that play indie labels and stuff... that's where I'm at now.
[right][snapback]180247[/snapback][/right]

It all comes back to my theory.... Most band's best albums were their firsts. (before the record labels start demanding music at any costs)

Stone Temple Pilots
Bare Naked Ladies
Pearl Jam
Colective Soul
Cold Play
Lenny Kravitz
Creed

The list goes on and on...Think of all the bands you know of where they're best album was their first.
Pearl Jam, STP, Collective Soul are probably the biggest examples.

Same with Foo Fighters, Our Lady Peace, etc.. they still make good albums, but nothing matched the sound of the first.

Next up for bastardization... Billy Talent (yes, I'm calling it now).
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm waiting for Disturbed to tank. 10,000 Fists wasn't so bad actually. It was better than the second album as far as I'm concerned.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Apr 10 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:The radio is dead to me. Has been for years.

Amen brother, all I find the radio is good for these days is the sports scores and keeping me awake after I fall out of bed first thing in the morning <_<

Viva mp3 CDs & Live365.com! :D

NefCanuck
The 3-6 Mafia song is called - Stay Fly
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yeah, I got the dirty version...Gotta Stay High...I don't give a damn about the lyrics much, I just like the beats and stuff...

Ummm, anyone else figured out the other songs for me yet?

I LOVE the song Decadance from 10,000 fists/ NFSMW Black Edition...I find I always drive fast and aggresive to this song...it's got an awesome rythym to it...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
the first song by the sounds of it is Melanie Durrant- Make it pop ft J-diggs or just let me ft Kardinal Offishal. Either way im pretty sure its Melanie Durrant.

Im a huge hip-hop and R&B fan, i like some rock too. But theres nothing like throwing on a banger in a car with a system or at a club packed with people.

Oasis i hate, or one reason. In grade eight they played it at every bar mitzvah i went to. And everyone loved it, so i hated it.

Im be listening to hip-hop until i die. Sad but true.

OOOOKKKKAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Apr 9 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 12:08 AM Wrote:I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS  :wub:
[right][snapback]180141[/snapback][/right]

Oasis is one of the worst brit rock bands that i've ever heard. they are the definition of pretentious rockers if i've ever seen one.
[right][snapback]180179[/snapback][/right]

Okay, thats nice. Your opinion! But just look up how many albums they have sold, and if they have ever been number one on any of their albums... cause last time I checked, they were doing pretty fookin' good there, mate.
[right][snapback]180218[/snapback][/right]

and there are hundreds of other bands/artists that sold tons of albums and are never mentioned cause their not trendy enough. Oasis hasn't influence as many band/artist like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, this list could go on for awhile. I've been exposed to wide varity of music and Oasis has never really popped up on my radar.

wanna talk music some more catch me on msn or pm me.
'03 Focus SVT
*skip skip*

Radiohead!

Has mostly nothing to do with this thread, but they're awesome. Though they've evolved quite a bit over time. It's all good though.

Oasis is good, love a lot of their stuff, The Masterplan, their redo of I am the Walrus, D'You know what I mean, Be Here Now, All around the World, Wonderwall, She's Electric, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back in Anger. All good stuff, though most of the stuff I named is off one CD, (What's the Story) Morning Glory, best CD of theirs in my opinion.

As for 102.1 The Edge, I think they have to evolve with their listener base, and that sometimes poses a problem given what they claim to be.

Best show on 102.1 though is the ongoing history of new music by Alan Cross, I learn so much neat stuff, it almost doesn't matter who he's talking about I'll listen just to hear how they're connected and the neat little trivia type stuff you learn.

Like New Order - Blue Monday, was a mistake with a drum machine essentially. They'd bought a drum machine to fiddle with and play during intermission, and the song that they created with it for intermission evolved into Blue Monday (from what I remember anyway heh).

That's another good band, but they're old, and their new stuff is decent, but meh.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
FocusGuy7476,Apr 10 2006, 09:24 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Apr 9 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 12:08 AM Wrote:I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS  :wub:
[right][snapback]180141[/snapback][/right]

Oasis is one of the worst brit rock bands that i've ever heard. they are the definition of pretentious rockers if i've ever seen one.
[right][snapback]180179[/snapback][/right]

Okay, thats nice. Your opinion! But just look up how many albums they have sold, and if they have ever been number one on any of their albums... cause last time I checked, they were doing pretty fookin' good there, mate.
[right][snapback]180218[/snapback][/right]

and there are hundreds of other bands/artists that sold tons of albums and are never mentioned cause their not trendy enough. Oasis hasn't influence as many band/artist like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, this list could go on for awhile. I've been exposed to wide varity of music and Oasis has never really popped up on my radar.

wanna talk music some more catch me on msn or pm me.
[right][snapback]180365[/snapback][/right]

You and me would get extremely heated about music. It would be a HUGE debate back and forth about music... since I am VERY sutbborn on who I like, lol.

AKA ... nice to see another person who enjoys Oasis
Aka,Apr 11 2006, 01:32 AM Wrote:Best show on 102.1 though is the ongoing history of new music by Alan Cross, I learn so much neat stuff, it almost doesn't matter who he's talking about I'll listen just to hear how they're connected and the neat little trivia type stuff you learn.
[right][snapback]180408[/snapback][/right]

I've got one of his books, also pretty interetsing. I listened to CFNY ever since the "Live Earl Jive & Beverly Hills" show. Martin Streak was in High School with me, our SAC President in fact but doesn't let on that he was nor the fact that he used to go by "Marty". :lol: He's older than me me which is more proof older guys are cool. ;)

CFNY started sucking pretty bad about 6 or 7 years ago, now I only listen Sunday nights.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Phil....you RULE! It was/is Melanie Durrant....I love that friggin song (Just let me)...has such a cool azz flow to it...but figure as much from anyone under Kardinal's wing...

NE Wayz...thanks mang!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...