Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fc Political Poll
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:Martin: He's old. He's not very trustworthy. But you can't deny that our economy came up like anything after the 90s and now we're doing rather well inded. [right][snapback]164223[/snapback][/right]

Do you really think the Liberal federal government is the cause of our successful economy?
I think the provincial conservatives in both Alberta and the past Mike Harris government have alot to do with it. The infighting that occurred when these parties provincially and federally get together achieved nothing.

Martin was an absentee finance minister looking after his own shipping interests and not the interests of Canadians. Why do you think the blame was shrouded from him in the Gomery inquiry? Because he wasn't around to see/notice what was going on.

And I think some of your rational already is in outer space. Are you sure you don't live there already?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ANTHONYD,Jan 10 2006, 03:45 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Jan 10 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:IM VOTING BLOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phuck politics...cant stands it. Havent voted yet, and im not sure when i am going to start.
[right][snapback]164230[/snapback][/right]

How educated.

You are NO LONGER allwed to bitch about the way this country is run. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]164232[/snapback][/right]

When have i ever bitched about how this country is run, other then the legal system?

And im pretty sure my "eye for an eye" style of criminal punishment, wont ever happen.

If you vote liberal, your gonna repeat all the mess that has happened. And if you all remember Brian Mulrooney, or however you spell that asshats name, then you wont vote that way again!

i really want quebec to seperate, so ill give the vote to Bloc!
yes, there was sarcasim
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 09:21 AM Wrote:
S2,Jan 10 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:Conservatives, this country needs a change already.  So sick of the liberal and NDP bullshit!!  That thing last night on TV was a joke, especially Layton.
[right][snapback]164226[/snapback][/right]

You guys out west realize that if Harper gets a majority, you all become his oilsands and natural gas whores and the lower cost of energy that all Canadians could enjoy goes away so Harper can satiate the needs of the US FIRST.

Remember Katrina? Picture that all year round. Yeah, that's right. It makes the winter-elevated gas prices and cost to heat your home right now look REAL good.

Enjoy your Conservative dictatorship. I'll just move to solar that much sooner.
[right][snapback]164227[/snapback][/right]

I'm not going to get into an argument but the 'west' is very much 'left out' of the liberals plans and always have been. Before you 'claim it's a dictatorship' maybe read up on the realities of the entire country, not just 'your area'.

I'd rather vote for the toothless whore down the street then for Paul Martin or any liberal. Look at the past history of the liberal government here, oh yeah, you can't honestly say it has any 'reasonable success'......

Watch Saskatchewan's vote, even though there's a current NDP goverment here, I'd be shocked if they got 10% of the votes. They've burried themselves here. Layton is about as personal as the cheap ass used car salesman at a Dodge dealership. Martin talks crap, did you hear some of his replies yesterday, always redirecting the question and avoiding the answers. The other parties don't matter much.......
FociPhil,Jan 10 2006, 10:10 AM Wrote:If you vote liberal, your gonna repeat all the s**t that has happened. And if you all remember Brian Mulrooney, or however you spell that asshats name, then you wont vote that way again!

Perfectly statad, I hope the country gets over the liberal bullshit and moves on. The only province it seems in the entire country that has it's hat on straight is Alberta and guess what, 'conservative'.... look at what that province has done for itself.... my god, if the Candian Goverment came a 1/3 of the way Alberta has, this country would be at least on a positive direction.
S2,Jan 10 2006, 12:41 PM Wrote:The only province it seems in the entire country that has it's hat on straight is Alberta and guess what, 'conservative'.... look at what that province has done for itself.... my god, if the Candian Goverment came a 1/3 of the way Alberta has, this country would be at least on a positive direction.
[right][snapback]164255[/snapback][/right]

Well said.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Last I checked Mulroney was a Conservative! Yeah, let's bring those asshats back into power.

Yeah, Alberta funds everything out of oil and natural gas. What happens when that runs out... selling cows? We've all seen how well that does.

Remind me not to laugh TOO much when Harper completely grenades the economy in his never-ending quest to replace Tony Blair as the US's lapdog.

You think I'm being funny, but hey... just wait and see.

Do you really think Harper WON'T allow the US to position missles close enough to North Korea (BC and Yukon)? Do you really think he's going to fight to get the softwood duties refunded? Do you really think he's going to keep national parks and wetlands safe from development?

I mean, he's wooing everyone with his tax credit for sports crap... but that will all change. Money has to come from somewhere. If he's issuing credits all the time for everything, our government without a running deficit is going to be back into one soon enough.

We have NO operating deficit federally as a country. The US can't say that, and I don't believe any other member of the G8 can say that either.

Oh yeah, all you boys that are glad we stayed out of Iraq? Think again. The next democracy du jour will be installed, the US will lead a coalition of the willing, and Harper will have us there at the US's side, bounding along like the stupid terrier that he is.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:You think I'm being funny, but hey... just wait and see.
[right][snapback]164266[/snapback][/right]

Funny, no

But it's hard to decipher where these opinions of yours are formed?

I think they deserve a chance and the Liberal's deserve to be spanked.

We did well under conservative power in Ontario and the current Liberal prov. government is benefitting.

meford4u,Jan 10 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:You think I'm being funny, but hey... just wait and see.
[right][snapback]164266[/snapback][/right]

Funny, no

But it's hard to decipher where these opinions of yours are formed?

I think they deserve a chance and the Liberal's deserve to be spanked.

We did well under conservative power in Ontario and the current Liberal prov. government is benefitting.
[right][snapback]164269[/snapback][/right]

Why did we "do well" under the Conservatives? Because Harris cut funding to everything he could. The reason there are no after-hours centers anymore in Ontario, especially in Toronto? Harris. Why do churches have to foot the bill to create after-hours drop-in centers? They used to exist in schools and community centers. Now the community centers just collect rental fees for services.

There's a reason Harris doesn't live in North Bay any more, and it's not because he was given a hero's sendoff.

All the wonderful years of escalating teen violence in Toronto? Thank Harris. The starting of the downloading of responsibility to municipalities? Harris.

Once again the Tories "save the day".

The Liberals are keeping us afloat, even after multiple screw-ups.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
This election is basically "Who do you distrust the least"

Jack Layton? Dear god I saw what that numbskull did as a councillor in Toronto, with him its all about his pet projects first and screw where the $ comes from, we can always milk the taxpayer for it. <_<

Paul Martin? If I sat here and recited all the scandals that have covered the Liberal Party in s**t, we'd be here all day. Sorry Paul, you're as bad or frankly worse than Chretien. Hell, we can actually understand you and yet you still say nothing of importance.

Stephen Harper? If you believe the media then he's the great big boogeyman, who'll have us singing The Star Spangled Banner before the end of his first term. Frankly I fail to buy into the scare tactics and the latest offensive from The Libe^H^H^H I mean Toronto Star calling a Conservative majority government just shows how much the media fears Harper and is willing to scare the populace into voting for anybody but Harper.

I'll vote Conservative, if only because Harper hasn't said or done anything to make me distrust him as compared to the other gang o'idiots.

NefCanuck
Well Harper sure isn't going to put the government into a situation as it stands they way the liberals left it.

You'll choke on your words, views, etc come the election results and I'm quite sure you'll be 'shocked' with a new 'majority' goverment.....

Maybe you should move to Cuba or something..... perhaps China.
[Image: paul_martin_knee.jpg]
Flofocus,Jan 10 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:
S2,Jan 10 2006, 12:41 PM Wrote:The only province it seems in the entire country that has it's hat on straight is Alberta and guess what, 'conservative'.... look at what that province has done for itself.... my god, if the Candian Goverment came a 1/3 of the way Alberta has, this country would be at least on a positive direction.
[right][snapback]164255[/snapback][/right]

Well said.
[right][snapback]164257[/snapback][/right]

I second that. If i dont go back to TO, im going there, there are alot of good success stories coming from them.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
S2,Jan 10 2006, 12:30 PM Wrote:Well Harper sure isn't going to put the government into a situation as it stands they way the liberals left it.

You'll choke on your words, views, etc come the election results and I'm quite sure you'll be 'shocked' with a new 'majority' goverment.....

Maybe you should move to Cuba or something..... perhaps China.
[right][snapback]164280[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'm just recounting the past 10 years of Tory-influenced fun in Ontario... maybe you and your smart ass need to go to China. I haven't told anyone else here to fak off.

Another reason Harris left? Because he was going to push for the new hospital North Bay badly needs, and we've gotten farther with a Liberal government than we ever have before. It's been on the books for 20-odd years and North Bay was historically PC provincially!

Last I checked the province handled health care. And the Tories didn't handle North Bay correctly.

Like I said at the very friggin beginning, listen federally, vote LOCALLY. It's obvious you're a Conservative, S2.

Surprisingly, I'm not anything. I'll vote for whoever gets the job done. And you can sling mud all day with the "you don't know what a PC governement would have done" s**t, but what matters at the end of the day is that we have a strong economy thanks to a 2-term Liberal government. They brought it back from the edge of mismanagement byt he Tories.

Who introduced the GST? Thought so.

I disagree with the Liberals not getting rid of the GST, but I also laugh at Harper's decision to reduce it by a mere 2%. For shame. He has a chance to repeal one of his party's biggest mistakes, and he blows it.

EDIT - and for the record, I'm stating things that are public knowledge and are easily verified by the IntarWeb. Those attacking me are using speculation.

In an apt analogy - I COULD be faster with a supercharger. But I'm not. Because I don't have one. The car HAS been reliable because the car has been maintained correctly since we bought it. Cold, hard fact.

We should rename the PCs the Intel party. They introduce things they'd rather have people forget about, and then hope they get people to love them in an all-new format.

i think this election will bring another minority government.

Layton will never be a leader, nor any member of the NDP.
The Bloc will never have a chance, just be a thorn in the side of the party in control

it comes down to the Liberals and Conservitives, and i believe the best chance this country has is with McKay as PM.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jan 10 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:it comes down to the Liberals and Conservitives, and i believe the best chance this country has is with McKay as PM.
[right][snapback]164290[/snapback][/right]

MacKay as PM. Conservatives would get my vote. It would be sweet revenge against that "prostitute" Belinda.

Although now that I think about it, MacKay did sell out the PC to Canadian alliance.

Hmmm maybe it would be worth it still to piss off Belinda. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Nobody should ever complain about Mike Harris.. He kept virtually EVERY promise he made, and it pissed people enough that they didn't stick around to see what could be done once the operating deficit was removed.

The thing is that the good of the country goes beyond 4 years.. it goes beyond the short term.

Alberta figured that out. The government worked hard to cut a lot of things, and it didn't make a lot of people at first, and then they put the money back in where it was needed, built a plan to develop the province, and lo-and-behold, it's one of the most prosperous. I even get the feeling that they're looking far enough ahead as well, by not just blowing the money on pork barrel projects. (yet), and while I don't agree with giving all the money back to the residents of the province, the recent refund is a perfect example of "patience reaping rewards".

The thing is that everyone seems to think, "what will the government do for me".. so the politicians make stupid promises...

"we'll ban handguns" - how does that fix anything?
"we'll spend money in your neighbourhood" - how does that improve the country's economy?
"we'll give you tax cuts" - how do you make the country better by taking money away from it?

I agree with NOS, there's a very good chance that the conservatives would capitulate to the states in order to cover the costs of buying an election.

We really need a government that will put the money back into public works projects, into education, etc... we need a government that won't piss the money away in their favourite riding... we need a government that will keep the country united...

The conservatives can do good, but they're trying to buy the election, so you either have an economic and political mess or a lot of broken promises. Is that something I want to bet on?

The liberals are corrupt, but they may actually re-invest in canada... so long as it's not re-investing in their own wallets, I would be fine, but they need to be taught a lesson.

The NDP -- if your platform is, "at least we're not the other two", you're a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

I sort of hope for another minority government... led by the conservatives, and an honest to goodness effort by the other 2 parties to keep everything aligned with their social policies. Another waste of 4 years, sure... but it gives us a chance to get some real candidates in power.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thank you Steve for bringing a brain to the table.

Just to touch on what he mentioned...

Handgun ban - t3h g@y. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. It's the gun registry v.2. I'd swap that for serious sentencing on first offences. And everything thereafter.

Spending AVAILABLE money to raise the quality of life - good. Spending cash blidnly to win votes - bad.

Tax cuts - as I already mentioned, pointless. Unless you're revoking the GST and then everyone wins, because last I checked our surpluses outweighed the contributions the GST makes to the federal coffers. Or, keep the damn GST and further the second point made.

What we really need to do is to reform the damn judicial system. Because it's not a judicial system, it's a legal system. Many of us have said this before.

- Double time for time served. To quote Paul, "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??"

- Probation exists for way too many offences as a wrist-slap reaction by bleeding-heart judges. Jail now, no need to jail later.

- Violent crimes - 5 years MINIMUM. Rape, assault with intent to injure, assault with a weapon, assault with a motor vehicle, it doesn't matter. You fought outside of the grounds of self-defence (or especially rapists and child abusers), you need to go away now.

Also, the disparity between working Canadians and non-working ones / immigrants needs to stop. If you don't contribute, you should have the chance to retrain so that you can.

The GST exemption needs to go away. Natives have reserves and other incentives (can you believe they're paid to attend secondary school and post-secondary? INSANE. It furthers the stereotype) - they don't need 7% discounts on everything the rest of us make and sell to Canadians. If they pay PST, they should pay GST. They're citizens of this country, just like the rest of us. They should be treated the same.

The secular crap in this country needs to stop. It's a recurring joke now, we make more efforts to accomodate and appease the incoming population and perceived minorities than ever before. The only person without a leg up on the rest is the person that considers themselves a Canadian, first and foremost, devoid of any "special interest" group or racial minority classification.

ok..cleaned up the name calling (or most of it I think) and moved back out of the cage.

and I don't care if you hate me for it

Getting rid of the GST really doesn't do much.. if anything, it takes away from the surplus that could be used for good.

that and the young offender's act and aboriginal social programs really need to be rethought. Patchwork solutions just don't cut it anymore.

Funny Steve. Your asking us to clean up our own posts when you were part of the political shananigans.

Remember this?

"vote bloc!

actually, you'd have to be absolutely retarded to vote in someone who'd split the country in half to suit their own agenda "

I think you get my point. If you don't want this to turn into bedlam, then those at the top have to refrain from acting like those of us at the bottom. And that's not sexual.